My door soon opens and I sit up a bit and see my Dad. He closes my door and sits next to me. "I'm sorry that you had to hear the yelling."

"It's fine." I murmur.

"Uh, May?"

"Yes Dad?" His blue eyes meet mine.

"I'll start um buying you more things for your room, okay?"

"Mom says-"

"If she takes it away, let me know." I nod.

"She'll hit me again though." I see his eyes well up. He lays beside me and puts his hand on top of mine.

"Again?" His eyebrows furrow.

"I asked for a new pillow and she hit me." Dad bites his lower lip. He just pulls me into his chest.

"If she does just let me know May." I nod against him. "I love you darling."

"You do?" I ask. He doesn't respond. He just cries gently.

May POV {present}

I'm nervous right now.

You wanna know why?

Because right now I'm standing in a baby store and I'm going to be buying things. I'm currently 7th months and Harry and I figured this time would be a good time to start buying things for our daughter.

Why am I nervous?

There is so much shit she needs and I know none of what she needs besides clothes and diapers.

"Babe, you listening to me?" Harry asks while tugging my arm.

"N-no. Can you repeat?" He chuckles. "Lets pick out a crib and work from there, okay?" I nod. His arm wraps around my low waist and he kisses my cheek. "Don't stress out okay? We'll take it one day at a time."

"There is so much crap she needs and I feel useless."

"Just worry about the crib." We start to walk toward the cribs.

"We didn't even paint her room." I point out. "Are we going to do that or leave it white?"

"What do you want to do?"

"Do you want to leave it white?" I ask Harry.

"We can paint it."

"What color?"

"Baby blue?" He offers. We stop in front of the cribs

"That's a cute color." I say. "What about like a green with the blue? Is that too boyish? See I don't know shit about colors." I huff annoyedly. "Lilac and blue is what we should do. Purple and blue are girly."

"Okay, sounds good with me." His hand falls to my lower back. "Which crib do you like?"

"They all look the same." I say, he chuckles. "But uh, that one." I point to the one in front of us. "It's white and that matches everything, right?"

"Yeah, it does."

Harry puts that in our cart thing. We move onto other shit that makes me more nervous. "Are you going to breast feed?" He asks me as we stand in front of highchairs.

"Were you breast fed?" I ask. His eyebrows furrow.

"I'm not sure." Harry says. "But do you want to?"

"Would it seem unloving if I didn't?"

"No." He chuckles. "Anyways, did you want to get that chair?" He points to the one across from us."

"Do you like it?" I ask him.

"Yeah."

"Then we can get it." I bite my lower lip and take a deep breath.

"You okay?" Harry asks me.

"Yeah, just a little overwhelmed by everything." His arms wrap around me and his lips touch my forehead.

"Why don't we call it a day for now and come back another day?"

"Okay." I say with a nod.

We walk toward the cash registers and pass by baby clothes for girls. Both of us seem to slow down and take a glance. "Can I be honest with you?" I ask Harry.

"Yes."

"I think boy baby clothes are cuter." He laughs. "Is that fucked up to say?"

"No."

"I just don't get why every piece of baby clothes for girls has to be pink." I groan. "Why can't there be more colors?"

"I don't know." We look at the clothes now.

I look at this one dress that is navy blue and has flowers on it. A pink little jacket goes with it and I smile gently. "Whatcha thinking?" Harry asks as he hugs me from behind.

"How I hope I don't mess this up." I murmur.

"You'll be a great Mom May."

"I asked my Mother once when I was 11 for a baby photo of me for a school project. Her response was 'there isn't any'." I bite my lower lip. I feel his lips touch my neck. "A different day I asked if there were any baby clothes that I can see, you know just for fun.

She said I only wore onesie's and they were hand me downs from when Sadie was a baby. I then asked if Sadie just wore onesie's she said no. Sadie wore the dresses, footy pajamas, and everything else basically. I asked why didn't I? Her words were only the pretty babies wear dresses." His grip tightens around me.

"I bet you were the cutest baby May." I bite down on my jaw.

"Can we just make sure our daughter gets a dress?" My eyes sting.

"Of course." He kisses my cheek.

A://N

i'm going to be doing more "flash backs" to may's childhood

comment goal: 40???

tysm for reading

make sure to leave a vote ;)

~lauren