10

Part 10

Once back at my flat, Aston stayed round for a while to make sure I was ok. Sitting on the couch and watching daytime tv, it was almost like old times, except the awkwardness between us was still there. Searching the internet, Aston found some sort of support group for pregnant women who were going through the same thing as I was, and they met up once a week. At first I said no, always being the person who didn’t want to share my problems, but then I thought, it would probably do the both of us good, to talk to people going through the same thing, maybe it would give us some hope and guidance. The lady that ran the group had a baby with a diaphragmatic hernia who survived and is now 15 years old…I guess there could be a light at the end of this tunnel, we just had to keep searching for it.

The next day we decided to try out the support group, we needed any support we could get and it could be good for us. Walking into the room I looked at lots of pregnant women who were all going to give birth to a baby with the same diagnosis as my baby had.

As time went by, the weekly meetings were proving beneficial for the both of us. We began to think in a much more positive manner and more excited than scared about having a baby. Now 8 months pregnant, I was looking bigger than ever, and now past the earliest date the doctor expected her to be born; this meant that she could come at any moment.

‘How are you feeling this morning?’ Aston smiled, seeing me emerge from the spare room, his bedroom opposite

‘Big…’ I laughed

‘Well I think you look beautiful’

‘Uh…Thanks…’ I replied awkwardly. Things still weren’t 100% between us, even though Aston really was trying

‘Want a cuppa?’

‘Yeah please’ I smiled, letting him walk down the stairs as I walked back into my room. Sitting on my bed and picking up the baby scan from the bedside table and smiling. I began to feel the most excruciating pain, causing me to slide off my bed onto the floor with a bump. Breathing sharply, I shouted for help

‘Lily are you ok?!’ Aston shouted up the stairs

‘No!’ I screamed in pain as he shot up the stairs

‘I need to go to hospital…’ I stuttered ‘I think somethings wrong…’

short part I know, sorry been mad busy! vote for more :) x