[ s e v e n ]

"First beanstalk? Well, you never forget your first

"First beanstalk? Well, you never forget your first." Killian remarks, but Alexa just decides to ignore him. "You know, most men would take your silence as off putting, but I love a challenge."

"I'm actually just concentrating on, you know, trying not to fall and die." Alexa informs him. "You know, not that it's a big deal or anything."

"No, you're afraid." Killian states and she raises an eyebrow in amusement. "Afraid to talk, to reveal yourself, to trust me. Things'll be a lot smoother if you do, like getting back to your home."

"Aren't you used to people not trusting you?" Alexa questions.

"Ah, the pirate thing." Killian shrugs as they continue to climb. "Well, I don't need you to share. You're something of an open book."

"Am I?" Alexa asks.

"Quite, let's see. You volunteered to come up here because you want your sister and mother to make it back home to your nephew and father." Killian says.

"That's not perception, that's eavesdropping." Alexa quickly corrects him. "Which is actually very rude, not that I'm surprised or anything with you being a pirate and all."

"But you don't want them to be abandoned like you and your sister were." Killian continues ignoring her comment.

"Really?" Alexa questions.

"Like I said, open book." Killian reminds her.

"How would you even know that?" Alexa asks.

"I spent many years in Neverland, home of the lost boys. They all share the same look in their eyes.. the look you get when you've been left alone." Killian explains. "Love's been all too rare in your life, hasn't it? You ever even been in love?"

"No, I haven't. And besides, I've done fine on my own so far." I tell him. "Get a move on pirate, because like you said, we don't have all day."

✖️✖️✖️✖️✖️✖️

Alexa and Killian hop off the beanstalk onto the ground. As she looks up, her eyes widen. It made her feel like a tiny doll in a giant dollhouse.

"Oh my god." Alexa breathes.

"This is where the final battle was." Killian tells her. "Give me your hand."

"What are you.." Alexa starts.

"Your hand, it's cut. Let me help you." Killian says grabbing her hand and she notices the blood on her hand.

"Oh, so he's a pirate and a gentleman. Lucky me." Alexa smirks when Killian pulls out a bottle and pours it on her cut. "Ow, what the hell is that stuff?"

"Rum, and a bloody waste of it." Killian states as he takes a cloth and wraps it around her wound. "Here's the plan. We wait for the giant to fall asleep and when he does we'll sneak past him into his cave. It's where his treasures are, where the compass lies."

"And then?" Alexa questions eyeing him.

"And then we run like hell." Killian answers.

"We don't have time to wait for a giant to fall asleep. I say we use the powder Mulan gave us to knock him out." Alexa suggests to him. "Then it's mission accomplished for us and we go home."

"Well, that's riskier." Killian comments.

"Than waiting for a giant to fall asleep when we need him to? I don't think so." Alexa scoffs.

"Point taken." Killian nods. "You're a tough lass, Lexa. You'd make a hell of a pirate."

"Yeah.." Alexa starts when she notices a tattoo on his arm. "Who's Milah?"

"Someone from long ago." Killian frowns.

"Where is she?" Alexa asks, curious.

"She's gone." Killian says.

"Gold." Alexa mutters causing Killian to turn to her. "Rumplestiltskin, he took more than your hand from you, didn't he? That's why you want to kill him?"

"For someone who's never been in love, you're quite perceptive." Killian remarks.

"I've just seen a lot of movies." Alexa shrugs.

"Movies?" Killian questions, completely confused.

"It's a my world thing. I'll explain it to you later." Alexa assures him. "Now let's go get ourselves a compass."

✖️✖️✖️✖️✖️✖️

"Ready?" Alexa questions after climbing the giant statue.

"Always." Killian replies before making a bunch of loud noises.

"Uh, oh." Alexa frowns realizing that he was a lot taller than she was, even when she was on the giant statue.

"Oi! Hey, you big git! Yeah, you. Huh? You want to kill a human? I'm the worst human around. Come on, come on." Killian taunts.

Alexa quickly throws the powder in the giants face, causing the giant to fall to the ground with a loud thump. She looks down to see where Killian is, but can't seem to find him.

"Hook, Hook?" Alexa calls, a large pit growing in her stomach.

"He's out cold." Killian states appearing from behind the giant. "I don't mean to upset you Lexa, but I think we make quite the team."

"Now let's go get ourselves a magic compass." Alexa smiles and carefully climbs down the statue. Following Killian, they enter the castle. "So, where do we start? There's like fifty rooms in here."

"It'll be in the back." Killian informs the blonde.

"Right, I knew that." Alexa nods.

"Of course you did, love." Killian smirks. "But the adventure isn't over just yet, giant's can be quite messy."

"Of course they are." Alexa says. "But don't worry. Growing up, I've lived with my fair share of messy individuals. So I'm sure that we can do this."

"You say that now." Killian comments as they enter the treasury room.

"Oh shit." Alexa mutters. "This might take a while."