Chapter 18: Secrets and Revelations part 2

Start from the beginning

Zachary returned his attention towards him. “Did she ever say to you that she hated dark rooms?”

Sebastian nodded.

“Since Charlotte died, Crimson’s mother. Everything started to change, Hans and I started to go into missions. That’s why we started to leave Crimson at the pack house, since we all know that it’s a safe place. ” Zachary blew out a hard breath through his clenched teeth and his blue colored eyes sharpened with anger. “Or so we thought.”

He doesn’t know where this story will lead him but there was something in it that he was afraid to know.

“We don’t know when it began, but something change in her. Every time I saw her, she has some kind of bruises, scars, and cuts. Some are new and some are starting to fade. One time, I asked her where she get those, but she only shrugged it and claim that she is only a careless one.”

“But one d-day.” Zachary chocked out his words, like it was painful for him to say it. Sebastian studied him, his hand was clenched tightly. Like he wanted to punch someone repeatedly.

Zachary stop, he waited but it seems he doesn’t want to talk about it again.

“When we were assigned to escort our Alpha to the neighboring pack, we have no choice but to leave Crimson behind. But on the day we are about to depart from our mission, Crimson started to show some hesitation and fear.”

Hans was the one that continued the story, he was now standing behind Zachary, his hands clasped down to his son’s shoulder. “We didn’t listened to her pleas, asking us to stay rather than join our Alpha. But since it was our responsibility to protect our Alpha, we have too. And yet she begged and begged, but we didn’t listened, we thought she just felt alone. But the only thing we do is to reassure her that meeting will be for a day.”

“Because of some delays, the meeting took days. I knew then, that there was something wrong and so did Zachary, which is why as soon as the meeting ended, we immediately returned to the pack house without any further notice to the Moonlight pack.”

“What happened then?”

Zachary sighed and answered softly like he was afraid the news would shatter him. “When we arrived, I started to feel something.  Even my wolf was agitated about that day, when we couldn’t find Crimson, my wolf began to claw his way out.”

“It was one of the darkest room in the pack house where we discovered my sister. No words can described the way her frail body hung suspended in the air. Cuts all over her pale body, blood was all over the place and her tormentor…”

“And the look on those kids’ eyes, they seem to enjoy every single moment of it.” Hans finished, his eyes closed as if it was happening all over again.

“W--who did it to her?” His voice was icy, Sebastian couldn’t even recognized his own voice.

“Gregory. Gregory Ross.”

Sebastian knew it was not the whole story of it, they only told him what happened that day.

The things is, will Crimson would let him know about her past?

His mind went back on the night when he first heard her scream. Is that the cause of her nightmares?  How long was she suffering from this torment?