"Why not?" he mumbled, absentmindedly running his fingers through my knotty morning hair.

"I mean, I've treated you like shit the past like month and a half," I explained.

"Yeah, but I deserved that," he said.

"No," I continued. "That's not how you treat someone you love."

Noah stopped his hand and turned to look at me, our faces mere inches apart, and said, "This whole mess hasn't changed the way I've felt about you since the day we met."

I closed the gap between our lips in an instant. Noah was slightly taken back, but only for a short hesitation, before he kissed me back, hard.

We kissed as if nothing had happened between us. As if the past six weeks hadn't happened. As if this summer, after Florida, hadn't happened

It was in this very moment that I decide to forget all of it. Forget the mistakes that both him and I have made. It's just the two of us now.

Well, it was just the two of us until Bridget barged in, making Noah and I jump apart.

"Well, you two got busy," Bridget said, and Noah and I just looked at each other and started laughing. Bridget went and pulled something from her desk. "I'm glad this is funny for you guys because this is very awkward for me."

-

"How the hell can a number be imaginary?" Noah ranted.

"Don't question it!" I groaned. I was trying to help Noah with his Algebra II homework, but he did not want to be helped.

"It's either real, or it's not! It's not like derf or whatever."

I laughed at his reference to iCarly, my favourite childhood show. "Okay, okay, okay," I laughed, wrapping my arms around him as he groaned in frustration. "So you just... There you go! Perfect!"

"I did it?" he asked, staring blankly at the paper.

"Yeah!" I cheered. "Now you just have to do nine more of them."

He quietly cursed under his breath, making me giggle. "These ones are easier than the first," I said. "Ms. Dime always makes the first problem way harder than the rest."

I continued helping him with the problems until we had completed them. "That wasn't too bad," he said about fifteen minutes later, after we zipped through his homework. "Do you have any homework?"

"I did it yesterday after the show," I explained, checking the time. "Want to go grab some lunch then go for a ride or something?"

"Yeah, that'd be nice," he said. "I'm gonna go change. Meet here in fifteen minutes?"

"Yeah," I said, and we headed to our separate rooms to change into riding clothes. After I changed and put my hair up, I headed back down stairs, where Noah was waiting for me.

"Ready?" he asked as he opened the door for me. I nodded and thanked him as I stepped outside into the crisp fall air. We walked to the dining hall together, and after a few moments of nothing, I snaked my hand down his arm. intertwining our fingers. He smiled down at me and gave my hand a squeeze.

We walked into the dining hall hand in hand. I don't know what made people stare more, us holding hands or the dark bruise on my face. He pulled me into the line and played with my fingers as we waited. Noticing my nerves, he pressed my fingers to his lips and smiled.