8 ↠ history

I woke up and panicked sightly, before realizing the arms around me were Noah's, not Corey's. Or any other boy's for that matter.

My eye was sore beyond belief. I don't know how it hit me, but it didn't have any mercy for me. I lightly touched it and pain shot through my nose, so I decided to let it be.

Trying not to wake up Noah, I reached over and grabbed my phone. It was Sunday, and we had Monday off as well.

Bridget was in her bed, fast asleep. It was almost nine, but I put my phone down and got comfy again. I shut my eyes as Noah's steady breathing lulled me back into semi-consciousness.

There was a knock at my dorm door, and I felt Noah wake up because of it. He pulled me closer as I heard Bridget slide out of bed.

"What?" Bridget said, opening the door.

"Have you seen Kat?" Ethan asked. "Noah's not here and someone told me he and Corey were arguing last night."

"I don't think.." Bridge started, then she stomped over to my bed and ripped the covers back. Noah and I both groaned at the loss of heat. "You two have a lot of explaining to do."

-

Noah and I explained everything about last night to the couple.

"Geez, Kat," Bridget said, tilting my chin up so she could see my eye better. "That looks nasty."

"Doesn't feel great either," I groaned. "I'm such an idiot."

"Yeah, you are," Bridge agreed, to which Ethan gave her a 'really?' look. "So, are you guys a couple now or something?"

"Well, we haven't really talked about it," Noah said, but I cut him off before he could say anything else.

"Yeah, we're a couple," I said, leaning into him.

"Kat, don't you think we should talk a bit first?" Noah frowned.

"We'll leave you guys to it," Ethan said, pulling Bridget up. "You need to talk privately."

"Babe, this is where all the juicy details come in," Bridge protested as she was pulled out of my room.

"She's your best friend, she'll tell it all to you later," he said, his voice muffled by the now closed door. I contained a laugh and turned back to Noah.

"Kat, I cheated on you," Noah finally admitted. "I was a stupid idiot this summer, and I would do anything to go back and change it."

I got serious again. "So you regret it?"

"Of course I regret it!" he announced. "What is there not to regret? I lost my best friend, the girl I love, all because I decided to kiss some girl who boarded at the same barn as me."

I stayed silent for a minute. "Did you guys... you know..."

"No. No, no, no, no, no," he said. "I've only trusted one person enough to do that with."

"Me," I completed.

"What about you and Corey?" he asked.

"He wanted to," I said. "I never let him. That might be part of the reasons he was so pissed at me."

"Well that's stupid," Noah said with a confused face. "He is literally the last person I want to be talking about right now."

"Agreed," I nodded. I scooted myself to him and wrapped my arms around him as sat on the floor, leaning against the side of my bed. "I can't let you take all the credit for being the bad one in this relationship."