22 Remember Me

Remember me; in remembrance of Finn Collins.

              HER EYES STAYED OPEN, HER body stayed still. She clutched the white sheets that surrounded her, and she could swear the radiating heat from Bellamy's chest was the only thing that kept her blood flowing. Dead. Lifeless. Gone.

Finn was never coming back.

"Princess," Bellamy whispered as his fingers traced the outline of her spine. "Sleep, baby." She moved, sitting up to look at him.

She could barely make out his face, and the thought frightened her. Within seconds, she was up out of bed and the light was switched on. When she could see he was alive and breathing, she sunk to the floor.

What a wicked thing to be shown death.

Her mind was on edge. The dam had broken and all of her emotions came at once. Carmen felt like she was going insane. She couldn't control it, and she couldn't get a grip on reality.

Bellamy didn't speak, he only got up and dropped to the floor beside his girl. His hands caressed her face before he kissed her forehead. Then he proceeded to lift her up and bring her back to the bed. His arms wrapped around her into a tight hug.

Carmen had been going through this routine for hours. She would lay lifeless, possibly close her eyes and fall asleep for minutes before panicking. Frantically her eyes shot open as she flew to the light switch, desperate to see that the one she loved was still alive in illumination. And then the process would repeat after Bellamy laid her back in bed.

Her mind was on overdrive, but deep down she was exhausted.

"Listen, it's time for me to leave with Clarke. You should stay here, Carmen. Get some rest." Bellamy slipped his jacket on, before tying his boots.

With the light still on, her eyes glazed over to his. "No, don't leave me," sorrow left her cracked voice. "Please..."

"Carmen, I wish that I could stay," Bellamy's heart ached.

Carmen stood, reaching for her clothes. "I'm coming with," she wiped her tears. She shrugged out of Bellamy's black shirt before pulling her jeans up her thighs and reaching for her red shirt. "Are you sure?" Bellamy watched, waiting for her to have another breakdown. He couldn't tell her no.

"Positive," Carmen spoke clear as she let her hair down. Nothing more was said as they made their way out of the Ark and to the gate, but her hand cling on to his for dear life.

A small group of people were going to accompany the commander on a trip to the village where Finn massacred the Grounders. There, Finn's body would he burned, and a treaty for peace would be made. This was the start of an alliance between Trikru and Skaikru.

Walking felt like hell, that's all Carmen could think. With hours of walking, the daylight had stolen the night away. They were with the commander and her people, traveling to the village where Finn had murdered innocent lives. She hadn't heard much about the trip, since everyone was mourning their loss, but she knew Finn's body was brought with them.

"Hey, you doing alright?" Carmen turned her head to Bellamy, who spoke, but he wasn't talking to her. His eyes were on Clarke, and Clarke's eyes were spaced. "Yeah," she conjured a response.

"You did the right thing."

"Now I get to live with it," Clarke said. Carmen found herself walking a little faster than the two, and she looked over her shoulder at Clarke. When the two made eye contact, she diverted her attention.