06 His Sister's Keeper

His Sister's Keeper; Lincoln kom Trikru.

            WHEN THE FLARES RAN OUT, everyone dispersed.

"Hey, Bellamy," Carmen caught him before he entered his tent. "I was wondering if you could help me with something."

Bellamy took a step away from his tent, interested in what the girl wanted. "With what?"

Carmen held her arm out to him, glancing down at her wristband. "I heard about the terminated signals. Why keep it on anymore, right?"

Bellamy turned his back to her, entering his tent anyways. She let out a heavy sigh, pivoting around. If he didn't want to help her, she wasn't going to make him. "Wait," Bellamy came back out, a crow bar in hand. He held his free hand out to her and she carefully placed her wrist in his possession. "Is it going to hurt?" she cringed as he brought the metals together.

Her eyes squeezed shut. A slight pressure was felt and then Bellamy released her arm. "There. All done." When Carmen opened her eyes, the metallic wristband was no longer clung onto her. "Thank you," she snatched the wristband from him and went a separate way when he gave her a nod.

Carmen felt slightly relieved. The wristband was weighing her down, keeping her mind on the Ark constantly. Things were different now. In order to live, she needed to adapt to her surroundings or quickly she was doing to dissipate. She was on Earth, she wasn't in space anymore.

"Carmen," Miller jogged to the girl. "Glass is gone. I've searched everywhere."

"What do you mean she's gone?" Wells jumped into the conversation as he overheard. Panic had already set in with Carmen. "Miller, where did she go?"

Miller shook his head, no clue of knowing. Carmen's face went pale as she realized one very important piece of information she had forgotten to share with Glass. "She doesn't know about the earthborns," Carmen choked out. Glass had been so interested in plant life on the Earth since she had landed. There was no doubt that she took off to explore, unaware of the unknown.

"We have to find her," Wells stressed.

"Find who?" Bellamy approached them with a torch in hand. "Glass, she's missing," Carmen roughly ran her hands over her face. Just when she thought things wouldn't take a turn for the worse.

"Have you seen Octavia?" Bellamy questioned. Carmen's eyebrows came together slightly, "Octavia? Octavia? I just told you my best friend is missing and you ask about your sister?"

He had some nerve, she thought.

"Carmen, I've checked the camp. She's not here either," he distressed.

Carmen's anger died down. "Okay, I'll help you if you help me. Let's check again. I'll check the rest of the tents, you go to the drop ship. Miller, go with him. Wells, you're with me."

"Thank you," he leaned into Carmen, thanking her so that only she could hear.

_______________  

            Glass and Octavia were nowhere to be found.

"Hey, everyone, gather around and grab a weapon. My sister's been out there alone for 12 hours and Glass is missing too. Arm up, we're not coming back without them," Bellamy threw down weapons to the ground. Carmen turned to Clarke and Jasper emotionless. "Hey, Jasper, you don't have to do this. You haven't left camp since we brought you back," Clarke told him. The torch in Jasper's hand illuminated his face. "Clarke, I need to do this."