Chapter 4: LOVE IN STRANGE PLACES

Being in a prison cell isn't that bad, in fact it isn't bad at all. It had a fully air conditioned room, an indoor gym and a restroom plated with gold. I just stood in the cell with my bad ass cocky and sassy self chewing bubblegum and staring at the officer..

Actually all that was a lie. I folded myself in a corner of a dirty floor with tears in my eyes and a mouse as company. Sometimes even gods like us aren't so strong after all.

I stand and start banging the cell with a coin in my purse to the tune of "I will survive " heard that song? Man it can be really annoying when very frustrated people listen to it. Like my grandmother. The prison guard comes up to me, stares me in the eye and cautions me.
"Let me out of here you potato head" I yell at him.
"Well you should have thought of that before you thought of committing an intellectual murder" he yells back.

Intellectual Murder? Oohhh I get it now. Death by the books. He made a good joke there. I'm starting to feel bad for nerds all of a sudden.

The guard walks up to me again, this time with something else on his mind.
"Hey miss, you better keep your mouth shut or you rot in here, you got that?
I was about to give him a piece of my mind and keep half when a voice jumps out of no where..
"You leave that bitch alone or I'll jab your teeth in you perverted officer".

At first I thought it was God till the bitch factor came in, then again she's not far from right. I'll still knock her teeth out when I get out.

The voice came from the other cell. A female with a half worn dress showing a little too much cleavage and make up that even Michael Jackson wouldn't use in the thriller video. Her hands pale with a smile curved at the side giving her that perfect Doctor WHO look.
"mind your own damn business said the officer or I'll..". He stops right in his tracks and stares at the woman. "Clair is that you?" He asks.
"Yes that's my name,who the hell are you ", she snaps back.
" its me Charlie,we used to be in high school together", he says with a stuttering voice.

Am I dumb? Or did this guy like this girl. Potatoes have feelings? Hahahaha. I'm so mean!! I love it. I really need popcorn!

"Charlie?, you're that dumb kid who used suck his thumb in class. You're a police officer now? You still look professionally stupid". Says clair. "I think I like her already"

Charlie looks at her and gently holds her hand . "I've always loved you Clair, I always look at you when you walk and admired you for so many years now. You run away from me,maybe that's why destiny made me a cop so I can finally Steal your heart and make it mine.

Give this guy a medal for creativity. That line would've worked on my good days. Potatoes have brains too!.

Clair takes his hands in hers and also confesses her love.
" I couldn't love you at that time because I was so popular and well you were a so.. Stupid.

He unlocks her cell and preps up for a kiss. She holds his face gently and slowly leans forward. There's alot of intensity in the air as Mr. And Mrs. Potato seal their final union. Then suddenly there's a loud crunching noise. Clair had jabbed him in the sweet spot between his thighs and made away with the key , locking his malfunctioning body in the cell.

"Weren't you taught never to trust a criminal? You stupid idiot . I don't even even remember your stupid ass in high school" she says as she unlocks my prison cell. "Get out of here kid, consider this as bail."

As I make my way out, I look at Charlie unconscious from the pain. He'll be fine. The real pain was how stupid he could be. When a girl really hates you. She really hates you. No two ways about that .

I exit the police office and inhale a bout of fresh air. I have no idea what tomorrow holds for me, but I hope its better than this Romeo and Juliet sequel I just witnessed.