Chapter 18

I decided to go to Hayes house and hang out with him, besides ever since I was on the cheer squad I never had time with him.

"Hey babe!" Hayes said as he opened the door.

He let me in and we went up to his room and both laid on his bed while he turned on the TV.

"Um Hayes I kind of have some bad new to tell you, Jen and I may have been kicked off the cheer team," I said looking at the ground as I fiddled with my hands.

"What, what do you mean you got kicked off the team you are the best one!"

This made me blush.

"I don't really know what happened, they all had a team meeting without us and then when we got there this afternoon Kendall came up to us and told us we were no longer off the team!" I said looking up and seeing him on his phone.

"What are you doing?" I ask concerned.

HAYES P.O.V

"What are you doing?" Hayley asks.

"My friend just texted me something about football practice," I said lying.

What I was really doing was texting Kendall.

H: Why did you kick Hayley off the team?!

K: For us baby ;)

H: There is no us, you said we would talk about that ever again!

K: Why not, it was perfect..

H: Look all you did was come over so I could help you with your homework. That's all!

K: but remember we did after we finished our so called homework ;) we should do it again sometime..

I closed my phone and Hayley looked at me with a worried look.

"Hayes..," she said looking worried.

"It's fine, don't worry about it babe." I kissed her cheek and we decided to watch TV until it was six o'clock, she stayed for dinner and then went home.

HAYLEY'S P.O.V

Hayes was acting so strange, I don't know why but something was on his mind the whole time while we were snuggling watching TV, like he had something on his mind. I asked him if something was wrong but he just said not to worry about it, maybe I should just ignore it but when he was texting he was taking forever while I just sat there and waited for him to put his phone down. Luckily it's almost Summer break, I'll finally get a break from Kendall.

I decided because it was only 8, I would call Jen and see how her brother is.

H: Hey how is your bro going?

J: I don't know, he just lays there and sleeps.

H: He'll get better, I promise. it just takes time.

We talk on the phone for hours until it's 11 and I then call it a night, I just want the year to be over and done with.

A WEEK LATER

Hayes and I have been spending a lot of time together this week and Jen hasn't been at school once, I'm starting to become worried for her. Hayes still seems distracted by something and is always texting someone but saying it's just one of his friends. Kendall's been her normal nasty self but I've noticed she's been really flirty around him, I try to give her the back off look but that obviously isn't working.

There's only a week left until summer break and I can't wait! It's Friday afternoon and I'm walking to the hospital to see how everything's going.

"Hey Jen," I say giving her a warm hug, she looks like she hasn't slept in days. I can't look at her like this, she needs to have more life in her.