No Mercy

~Alexandra's POV~

    In the distance I see someone running towards me and I realize at once that it is Edward. I see shock and pain in his eyes, and I start crying. I see him through my tears and see him start crying as well. I lay in the bloody grass, grasping my foot, making sure I don't bleed out. I don't want to die like that. I want to die the way I wanted to. Or do I? Do I really deserve this?
    Edward speaks to me as if I am the best thing that has ever happened to him since I sent him my 12th note. Why does he do that? I thought that he hated me. Maybe he did.

And maybe he doesn't anymore.

    I think about this as I feel Edward picking me up and starting to carry me somewhere. I imagine he's taking me to the doctor.
    But suddenly he stops in his tracks, and let's me fall to the ground.

~Edward's POV~

    I think of what I'm doing. And I think of what I've been doing for the past almost a month. Right now I'm carrying my injured psycho kind-of-girlfriend to the doctor because she sliced her foot open when she was about to decapitate herself. I think about what has changed in my life over the past a few weeks. Is this what I want to be doing?

No. It isn't.

    I drop Alexandra and run back to where the knife lays on the ground. Making sure that no one is looking at the field.

~Alexandra's POV~

    Edward now has the knife in hand, and is looking at me so intently and unfathomably that I have no idea what he could possibly be thinking or doing. Before I have much time to think about it, though, I am pulled out of my thoughts by a sudden movement in front of me. With my last few breaths I scream, hoping that one day, Edward will be brought to justice.
"AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!"