Chapter 9

This was fun to write, even if it took a long time to do it. Let me know what you think about this Luke. He's definitely an interesting character and I love delving into his mind. The park is a real place and I suggest looking at pictures. It's really pretty!

Enjoy!

***

**| Luke's POV |**

"Luke, will you stop chasing the ducks?" Silas asked as he tried to hold back his laughter.

I glanced at the ducks as they sent me their little ducky glares and squawked at me in righteous anger. They were not as amused as I was.

"Fine," I sighed. "How many more people are we going to ask about Sang?" We've been going at it for two hours already and I was bored, frustrated, and worried for my little brother. As the older brother, I needed to give him good news, I needed to take away all his worries and make this problem go away, but currently, I was failing.

Some big brother I was. Letting him wallow in silence for months. Letting him only exist each day rather than live. Nothing I did was enough for him and I needed to do something right. I even ate my vegetables without complaint for him but he didn't even notice. I suffered for no reason.

"A few more," Silas said.

I let him do most of the talking since he knew a little more German than me, which was next to none. Silas only knew what he picked up from North but their language when speaking together was Greek not German. We were lucky people around here knew enough English to have a normal conversation with.

I've always thought North tried to hide away his time in Germany by trying to forget he even spoke some of the language. If I were him, I would have tried to learn more, but everyone knew his experience here wasn't a good one.

I'm just glad there was someone here to act as a silver lining. I wanted to meet this Sang chick and give her a huge hug for being there for North when I couldn't be.

I looked around Stadtpark Lübeck. This place was massive! According to a plaque at the entrance, it expanded 120,000 square-meters with an irregular lake and smaller one near it. We were currently circulating the big lake, walking the different foot trails that weaved through the park, asking random strangers if they were regulars here and if so have they ever seen a girl looking like the picture Victor gave us. No one has seen her before.

Or they weren't talking. There were a few who glanced at the picture, did a double take, and then shook their head before taking off, not giving us a chance to call them out on their bullshit.

Random trees, shrubs, and flowers decorated the area. People played in the open fields, others strolled around and joggers made use of the nice weather to get a long run in.

Silas pointed at a man sitting down, leaning against a tree, petting a massive dog next to him. The dog stretched out, his head nearly covering the man's entire lap. I guessed the man to be in his forties, his build strong, skin fair, eyes blue. His large nose overshadowed a brown moustache that blended in with his beard. I wanted to rub at my clean-shaven face as I tried to imagine what I would look like with a moustache and full beard. Maybe I'll look like a viking. I think about my size. I would need to be huge and bulky like Silas and North to look like a viking.

Maybe I can be a viking for Halloween. No...a viking god. Yes, I liked that idea.

We approached the man and my eyes strayed to the massive dog on his lap. What kind of dog was that? Maybe Kota would know. He knew a lot about dogs.

I sped up my steps, taking point on this conversation this time. When a person was sitting down, Silas's massive build intimidated them even more than if they were standing.