Chapter 1

You know when you come up with an idea and you become too excited about it and can't hold onto it...well that's what happened here. I'm very excited for this story and I hope you feel the same way. Updates will be every Friday, and yes, this is the first time I'm putting one of my stories on a schedule. Hopefully I can handle it. I should be able to handle it. Wish me luck!!

Thank you denice35 for the title of this story!

Also, this is a mystery. It's a "What happened to Sang?" kind of story. So we won't get her present (hint hint) POV, at least probably not until the end and after they've found her. Also, since it's a mystery, don't expect them to find her quickly. Remember, she's a ghost. She doesn't exist. So, how does one go about finding a ghost?

I'm also excited about writing this story because the challenge for me in this is the fact that I'll be writing the boys' POVs a lot. So don't be afraid to call me out if I fail to capture them. This will be good practice for me.

Let me know what you think!!!!!!

***

**| Owen's POV |**

I sat in my office located in the house I now shared with my brothers. When most of us were still seventeen, we had decided to invest in a house, a place we could all live together and call home. As a team, and as a family, we had decided it was important for us to do this. The next year was spent on finding the proper home and then making the appropriate changes to it for our needs.

We found a property on the outskirts of Charleston, surrounded with enough land to have some privacy, which was useful when we did training exercises. Neighbors didn't have to worry about why they were hearing gunshots or alarms going off and the woods around the house gave us more privacy. Nathan got his running trails and Lucian got his trees to climb.

The day the house was finished thanks to everyone's hard work, especially Silas's and North's, was one of my best memories. I could still see all my brothers' grinning faces as we looked at the three-story house that held more than enough rooms for us. North even got his own massive garage with a work space on the second floor for Gabriel's art studio. All the boys had their own offices and personal spaces to do with as they wished.

I leaned back and stared at the latest report written by Lucian going over his latest successful mission. I was just reviewing it before sending it in for the Academy so we could collect on the two favors. The mission was simple enough and right up Lucian's alley, sneaking into a company, planting a few bugs, and photocopying some papers that were kept in a safe. With the information he gained and with the bugs, the company wasn't expected to be in business for much longer.

A hard knock drew my attention to the door and I glanced at the clock, a frown forming as I realized it was already time for my meeting with North. He had requested it a few days ago but a mission had kept him busy until now.

"Enter," I called out, preparing myself. A small part of me was scared that he wasn't happy with us and wanted to leave the family, maybe go to another team or to just quit.

I knew something had been bothering him for the last few weeks. No, not weeks, months. To be more exact, since everyone was at least eighteen years old, which occurred back in November. Gabriel's birthday ended up being a massive one since it meant everyone in our family were now adults. Since then, North's been lost in his head more often than even Lucian. He wasn't moody. In fact, he was the opposite. He wasn't yelling. He was withdrawn and quiet. Just the other day, he didn't even balk as Lucian ate a huge Hershey candy bar in front of him. It nearly tore Lucian apart and only Gabriel's quick distraction helped him.