Ch 1: A Toast To Bourbon

"Can I get you something, Sir?" A pretty waitress in a short black skirt with her hair tied up in a glittery bow pauses by the booth tucked away in a far corner of the club

"Can I get you something, Sir?" A pretty waitress in a short black skirt with her hair tied up in a glittery bow pauses by the booth tucked away in a far corner of the club. Her smile widens when she catches sight of the handsome customer as he looks up through dark slanted eyes at her from the plush red couch. 

This section is reserved for VIPs and their guests so she is used to seeing the gorgeous, the glamourous, and the powerful that frequent this popular night spot but this guy makes everyone else seem dull or overdone in comparison. His short, dark brown hair is longer on the top, falling boyishly over one eye and accenting the angular curves of his face and full lips. A neatly cut black suit with a simple white shirt emphasizes his lean form. The only adornments to be seen are an expensive silver watch on his left wrist and a silver chain bracelet on his right. By rights, there is really nothing on him that makes him stand out except his striking looks and the aura of controlled power he gives off. It's a combination the waitress doesn't often see, even in this part of the club. There is an anger in his eyes that gives her the feeling that leaving this customer alone as much as possible would be a good idea, so she tries for a quick escape. "If you need anything, please let me know." 

"Bourbon, Four Roses, Black Label..." The rough deep voice stops her as she is about to turn away. "Bring the bottle."

"A whole bottle of Black Label? I'll have to check if we have that. Please wait a moment." Confused, the waitress almost trips her way up to the small bar dedicated to the VIP section after the customer gives a curt nod.

"P'Pae, do we have Four Roses, Black Label?" She whispers her question to the only person standing behind the black mahogany bar.

"Boss imports it but he doesn't share it with just anyone since it's his favorite." Setting down the crystal glass he is drying, the burly bartender looks over at the waitress. "Who wants it, Nina?"

She points over to the customer sitting alone in the nearly empty section. It's still a little early so the club has yet to fill up making it easy to point him out among the patrons. When she looks back at Pae, she sees his eyes twitch.

"I'll take care of it." The bartender says and waves her off to help the other customers in the area. Grabbing the phone off the counter, he punches in a number and waits until an excitable male voice answers the phone. "Boss, the secretary is here."

"What?!" The scream would have startled anyone else but Pae is used to his boss after all these years. "I'll be right down! Don't let him leave!"

"He's not going anywhere." With a gruff laugh, Pae leans his hip against the bar as he listens to the other person. "He just ordered a whole bottle of your Black Label... Seriously... Okay."

In a matter of minutes, a discrete black door to the right of the bar opens revealing the owner of the club (and many other properties if we're going to be accurate). His short square frame covered in a natty blue suit is quickly followed by a muscular guy with shaggy blonde hair dressed in black jeans and a stylishly knotted tank top. The odd duo walk over to where Pae is waiting.