One

You sat in the large leather armchair in your grand library, eyes scanning the pages of the book in your hands. But you had read it at least ten times, just like every other book in this whole room. But what else were you supposed to do? You weren't supposed to go out into the real world, not with your power, and the only person that visited you was Castiel the Angel. And that was only on occasion.

You guessed you had gotten used to it. No one had any idea what you were, or how you had so much power. (Actually, I'm just too lazy to make you a species so yeah) You stayed inside to protect the humans because you were over 6 million years old yet you had no control over your powers. You were born as a normal child, growing until you were an adult and then it stopped. Or that's what Castiel told you. You didn't remember your childhood. Or your parents.

You heard the familiar ruffle of wings, setting your book down and looking up to see Castiel standing in front of you. "Castiel." You greeted him, "What are you doing here?"

"Y/n, I would like you to meet my friends." He said, sitting down next to you in another chair you had. You turned to him.

"Other Angels?" You questioned. Castiel shook his head. "Not exactly." He said, and you tilted your head to tell him to go on.

"They're humans. Hunters. Their names are Sam and Dean Winchester. Perhaps you've heard of them." He said, and you tensed up. It had been eons since you so much as saw an actual human being.

"Castiel, I- I don't know if that's such a good idea. We both know why I stay inside is to protect humans. And if these two are your friends, why are you putting them in danger?" You asked.

"Y/n, these humans are not like anyone I've ever encountered. They will be just fine with you." Castiel promised, and you sighed before nodding.

"Alright. Let's go." You said, moving to stand up but Cas put a hand out to stop you. You looked at him curiously.

"Y/n, we're not leaving. It's too dangerous. They're coming here." He said, and you nodded. It was stupid of you to think otherwise. Sitting back down, you looked at him expectantly. He snapped his fingers, and suddenly there were two very obviously human people in the room.

"Whoa, what is this place?" Said the shorter one, and your breath caught in your throat as you looked at him. Everything about him pulled you in, from his bright green eyes to his freckles to his oh-so-plump lips. He gave you a strange feeling, one you'd only read about. He was too busy looking around your house like a child in a candy store to notice you staring. The taller one, almost as attractive as his brother, was staring enviously at the books.

"Guys, this is y/n. This is her home." Castiel said, and something in his tone said 'be nice or you'll pay for it later.' The shorter one's eyes landed on you, and the strange feeling hit you head on. You knew you should talk, but you couldn't think straight. You knew you looked like an idiot, not the powerful immortal you were supposed to be.

"Uh, hi. I'm Dean, this is my brother Sam." The shorter one said, and you finally had a name to match to the face that made your heart beat erratically. And it wasn't just his face, you could read minds, and you were taking a look at Dean's life. He was a hero, willing to die for anyone. Even strangers.

"Uh, Cas. Is she okay.. up here?" Dean asked your Angel friend, pointing up to his head. You smirked, crossing your arms over your chest.

"That's rude to say about someone who could disintegrate you with the blink of an eye." You said, and you swear you saw a flash of fear in Dean's eyes. That was until you started laughing, and he shortly joined in.

"I'm y/n, but don't use any of those cheesy pickup lines you're thinking of using. Sorry, but they don't work on someone over 6 million years old." You said, standing up.

"How did you-?" Dean asked, and you smiled yet again. "One of my many powers. I can read minds." You watched as the two brothers' faces went white, probably realizing you knew what they had first thought when they saw you. You were flawless, as immortals always were. You were always humble about it, though.

"Just like for a split second Sam thought about killing me and then taking all my books. Then felt bad for even thinking it. No hard feelings, though, Sam." You said, watching as the taller one's face went crimson.

"And you thinking about how you didn't know how an immortal could be such a nerd. All the books. Guess what? When you're not allowed to go outside, you learn to get some hobbies. I read." You said, and Dean raised an eyebrow approvingly.

"Cas wasn't kidding when he said she was extravagant," Dean muttered to Sam, who chuckled in return. Then he stuck his hand out, Sam was polite like that.

"Umm, Hi. I'm Sam, but you already knew that. It's really nice to meet you." He said, and you smiled before shaking his hand. "No need to be nervous, I was human once too. I still remember." You whispered to him, and he gave you a nervous smile.

"Well, I guess I should shake your hand too." Dean said, but his mind screamed that he just wanted to touch your skin. You bit your lip to keep from smiling, before taking his hand. A shock ran through you, and you gasped before jerking away. Dean looked confused, but you ignored it, turning to Cas with anger twisting your face.

"Cas, can we speak in the hall please?" You asked through clenched teeth, and Castiel stood up before walking into the hall. You followed. Once you were out of hearing of the Winchesters, you turned on him.

"You knew, didn't you? You knew what Dean was?" You questioned angrily, still buzzing from touching Dean. You knew he had felt the same, just not as strong.

"Yes, y/n, I did know. I brought him here because it's time for you to get what you deserve." Cas said, and you angrily cried out.

"What were you thinking? Bringing my- my-" You stuttered, not able to say the word. Cas stared at you.

"Say it y/n. Say it." Cas demanded. You glared at him, fists shaking.

"What were you thinking?" You began again, "Bringing my soulmate here?"