Valentine's Day Singles: A Completely Scientific* Study

St. Valentine's day, for those in relationships, is a day of love. It is a day for giving and getting, when cards and chocolates are exchanged and romcoms are watched by the hundreds, theaters filled with couples waiting to kiss at the same time as the characters in the movie. Couples can be found in parks and restaurants, all treating their partners to lunch or dinner while those still single look on, faces twisted in frustration. What of these singles? Everyone focuses on the couples, but what of those who don't have someone to celebrate this holiday with? What do they do, besides glare daggers at happy couples while their ex harasses another potential mate? The answer to this question is, usually, eat. Introverted singles, mainly females, will hole themselves up in their homes and binge-watch shows such as Game of Thrones and The Flash, watch romcoms on DVD and Netflix, all while crying and eating snacks and chocolate that they either bought for themselves or was given to them by family as a replacement for a partner, and leaving the house only when they run out of ice cream. The more extroverted singles, however, will sometimes go out to the park or coffee shop, usually because they are determined to enjoy the day by themselves (more often females) or to search for other singles to see if they can find a potential mate in a coffee shop somewhere (more often males). There are also a few curmudgeons in the group, as there are in every other. These singles go through their normal day's schedule, often avoiding all couples as much as possible. They find valentine's day to be a really stupid holiday, and wish all the couples making out in public and feeding each other desserts would go be happy somewhere else and stop rubbing their love in everyone's faces. Needless to say, they are a bit bitter about the whole situation. This leaves the final category, the singles that do not give a $;*% about the holiday. The only things they care about, according to all data collected for this study, are the 90% off Valentines candy sales on February 15th.

*all information gathered from completely scientific and reliable casual internet browsing