Luke

"Aw! She's adorable," I grin as Chisato shows me her now year old daughter.

After she tells me all about Kim she holds her on her lap and leans a little closer to the screen.

"What about you? Any buns in the oven?" She raises her brows and I instinctively look down at my stomach.

"No," I sigh. "I really want to start a family with Luke but he's always so busy with work. He probably doesn't want to start a family just yet." I press my lips together and shrug.

"You should really talk to him Emma, you'll never know unless you try," she smiles and the door to Luke and I's suite opens.

"Hello sexy bones," his blue eyes sparkle as he leans down and kisses my cheek.

I lean back and blush, causing Luke to turn to the monitor. "Hello Chisato and little Kim," he smiles to the pair and Kim laughs.

He'd make an amazing father.

"Hi Luke, how are you? Keeping busy with work?" Chisato chuckles and Luke takes a seat beside me.

"Everything's fantastic, the clinic is keeping me busy as usual," he pouts and naturally reaches for my hand and intertwines our fingers.

*

You'll never know unless you try.

Chisato's words ring out in my head as I step out of the bath.

He's your husband, you need to know how he feels about this.

I reason with myself and step out of the bathroom after having changed into my pajamas.

"Little Kim's all grown up now huh?" Luke comments as I sit down on the edge of our bed.

"About that. Luke," I lick my lips nervously and take a deep breath.

"Yes sexy bones?"

"I want to start a family with you."

There was a long pause.

"Sexy bones?" He asks hesitantly.

Uh oh. Big mistake.

I try laughing it off, but it comes out forced and I slowly stop. "Just kidding!"

"Sexy bones are you sure that's what you want?"

I sigh. No use hiding it now. "Yeah, but if you don't want to that's fine."

Suddenly Luke grins and pins me down onto the bed. "I can't wait until we have a family of our own," he whispers just millimeters from my lips.