Soryu

I smile brightly as Soryu walks into the bedroom holding a small sleeping bundle in his arms. Slowly, he sits down in bed, with his back against the headboard and I move closer.

"She's gorgeous," he whispers to me and kisses my cheek.

I immediately blush and look down lovingly at our new born daughter. "Just like her mother," he adds softly, making my heart skip a beat.

*BEEP* *BEEP* *BEEP*

I groan and try to move but Soryu's arms cage me in, holding me close to his warm body. With his eyes remaining closed he reaches over and turns the alarm off.

"Good morning, Emma." Soryu smiles down at me, I return his smile and lick my lips.

"Good morning."

After I see Soryu off I turn to our empty suite and sigh, it'd been a dream.

He probably doesn't want children.

I tell myself as I begin tidying up and getting a nice meal prepared for when Soryu comes home from work.

The whole day however all I can think about is the possibility of Soryu and I becoming a real family. And it's the best thing I can possibly think about.

Maybe I should mention it.

I smile to myself and nod. My mind now made up.

*

"I'm back," Soryu calls out as he closes the door.

"I'm in the kitchen," I call back.

"Smells good," he comments from the threshold.

"It should be ready any minute," I grin down at the stir fry I'd made.

Soryu probably won't notice but the main vegetables I used were baby versions.

"Do you notice anything about your meal?" I ask casually as we eat.

"No..?" He questions me with a small frown. "What?"

"Nothing, just the vegetables..." I shrug and eat a piece of baby corn.

Soryu's gaze switches from his plate to me a few times. "Baby veg?" He tilts his head, a look of realization crossing his face seconds later. "Are you.. I mean we?" He asks quickly.

"No but I was thinking.." I trail off and Soryu grabs my hand.

"Yes," he nods with a small blush while kissing my wedding ring. "All you have done is bring me happiness Emma, I want us to grow that happiness and I promise to protect it with my life." He tells me before gently leading me to the bedroom.