"What are you thinking about?" I heard Harry ask. I looked over at him, his eyes were on the sidewalk in front of us. Did he just see me almost cry? I don't think he could've, it's too dark.

"Friday," I smiled. I didn't want to lie, but I couldn't admit to thinking about Dylan. Especially when we have that date coming up. I really like Harry and I want him to have a good time, if he spends that date worrying about me I'm going to feel so bad for him. "I don't know what to wear or anything."

I looked up at him, he was scratching his chin almost in thought. "I want it to be a surprise. I'll text you details the day of. How's that?"

I shrugged. "What time, though?"

"6 pm?"

"Sure," I nodded as we made our way to the gas station. About five minutes had passed in the time I was thinking about Harry. 

"What is Harvard like?" Harry asked out of the blue. He never really asked about school.

"It's really nice. The campus is beautiful, it can be a bit intimidating at first, but overall people are nice. I met my friend Jackie at the orientation and ever since we've been super close. I'm living with her for now."

"Do you not have somewhere to live?" He asked, concern in his voice.

"Well, I used to live with Dylan," I explained. "But I'm fine living with Jackie." I really was. She was a good friend to me. I mean, she let me live at her place and she hadn't even known me that long.

"Oh, right."

"Do you have any more money in that college fund?" I asked, desperate to change the direction this conversation was headed in. 

"A couple ones, fives if people are generous," He laughed. "Actually, this past week there's been some tens and twenties in there."

I nodded, a small smile on my lips. I had been dropping tips in there whenever Harry would go to the bathroom or kitchen. Whenever he left, I tried to make whatever contribution I could. 

My parents sent me money every week, they have more than they know what to do with, so I didn't have to worry about wasting anything. Now that I think of it, I could get my own apartment if I wanted. I'm just too afraid to do that on my own, I'm more of a dependent person. 

"I wish I could be in college right now," Harry sighed with a smile. "It just seems so fun, college seems like a blast."

"Yeah, I'm really excited for the primal scream," I laughed.

"What's that?"

"The night before finals, all the Harvard students go to the campus at midnight and they all get naked and run and scream. They do it to let out all of their frustrations."

"Damn," He laughed. "I thought most Harvard kids would be stuck up and conservative."

"It's a mix of snobs and really cool, talented people," I nodded. "You just have to hang out with the right ones."

We walked silently until we reached the gas station. We went inside and Harry bought some gasoline. After we were done, we immediately got back on our way to the car. 

The cold air hit my arms as we stepped back outside, making me shiver. It was suddenly a lot windier outside. I hated the unpredictable weather, I mean who doesn't? I was wearing a thin striped sweater with a denim jacket thrown over it. It wasn't really enough to warm me up under the cold wind.

I think Harry seemed to notice how cold I was getting because he leaned over and took the liberty in wrapping his arm around my shoulders. 

Normally, that would probably make me uncomfortable, but Harry and I knew each other for over a month now. I felt like I really knew him. It had only been a while since we knew each other, but we completely hit it off. 

"I hate Cambridge," I shook my head, slightly leaning into him for more warmth. "The weather sucks. Why didn't I move to California and go to college there?"

"Because then you never would've met me," He joked.

"Touché," I smiled. "You always say the perfect things."

He did. He was such a positive person in my life, he made me forget about stuff. After a hard day, being with Harry was the perfect solution. He made me forget and somehow knew all the answers to my problems. Before him, I had never met anyone who solved all my dilemmas with one sentence or just one piece of advice.

"I know," He said, cockily. "Finally, you admit it."

"Shut up," I nudged him. "Don't make me push you off me."

He quieted down after that, which made me mentally giggle. He made me feel great. I should surround myself with more people like him. I almost forgot that I teared up a mere ten minutes ago. He probably noticed, I mean he noticed me shivering. How would he be so oblivious?

"Did you notice that I was crying?" I asked out of curiosity.

"Yeah," He nodded. "That's why I asked what you were thinking about. Did something happen?"

"No, I was just thinking about Dylan and I. I was just overthinking about us and I made myself upset."

"Have you seen him since the breakup?" He asked.

"No, but it's making me so anxious. We got the apartment together after high school graduation, but it's under his name. He's still living here and it makes me so anxious. I don't know what I'll do if I see him, I'm just not in the right mind."

"You don't deserve this, he's such a fucked up person. I want you to be happy."

"Well, you make me a lot happier. So, you're helping."

He didn't reply to that, but I could tell he was smiling. His arm was still around me for the rest of the fifteen-minute walk, which stayed pretty silent.

We finally reached the car and I hopped inside as Harry loaded it up with gas. After filling the tank, he came to the driver's seat and turned on the heater along with the heated seats.

"God, I love heated seats," I sighed, as the seats took a minute to warm up.

"You and me both."

Harry played whatever was on the radio and we sat silently during the drive. I almost fell asleep in his car- I think I did actually fall asleep for a split second in there.

It felt like we were in the car for thirty seconds when he parked in front of the complex. 

"I'll walk you inside?"

"Sure."

We both climbed out of the car, rushing inside so that we wouldn't have to deal with the cold weather. We walked up the stairs together and I lead him to Jackie's apartment.

"Alright," I said, as I stepped in front of the door. "I guess this is goodbye." 

"Bye, kid," He smiled, turning on his heel.

"Wait," I found myself calling after him, I didn't really know why.

He turned around with a confused look on his face. I grabbed his hand and pulled him in for a quick hug, resting my head against his chest.

"Thank you for today."

"No, thank you for helping me around the restaurant. I appreciate it."

"No problem. Bye," I pulled away slowly, offering a small smile as I turned around and walked into the apartment.