[7] Goodnight Stiles

Warning: you will hate me.

Stiles stepped out of the car and waved to Lydia as she turns around and headed home. He took out his keys and unlocked his door. Stepping in and shutting it behind him he called out to his father. Turning around expecting to see his dad standing there, his jaw dropped.

"Hey Stiles." The deep voice of Derek Hale spoke out. Dressed in a black suit and red tie with pink hearts, the older male stood there in his hallway, holding a box of candy in one hand, and blue roses in the other. A smile of his lips he stares into Stiles' eyes.

"Happy Valentine's Day"

That's what Derek Hale wished had actually happened. But life is never fair, is it? Derek had a plan set in his mind. But it shattered. And he rushed out the door as fast as he could, it didn't go to plan, it was fucking lie. Happiness is god damn lie for Derek. Climbing in his Camaro frantically, as the woman over the phone explained everything.

"Hello Derek, we found Stiles' phone on him and you were his most recent contact. We got a call from a girl, Lydia Martin saying they were in a car accident. She tried to get out of the way but the drunk driver was going to fast for her to escape. It rammed into the side of her car, Lydia managed to get away okay, minor injuries but staying overnight for a few days, but I'm afraid the boy Stiles, was hit straight on. He has sustained major injuries, breaking several ribs, hairline fractures on his femur, his face has many scratches and cuts all over, and a major concussion. From his injuries he has fallen into a coma. I'm afraid we can't tell when exactly he'll wake up. I'm very sorry." The woman spoke with sympathy in her voice, she knew Stiles. Everyone knew Stiles. She said that she had contacted his father already and was also on the way. But Derek, didn't hear that part. He was sitting in shock, his best friend, the boy who made him smile, the boy he loves, was in a coma.

Derek without saying goodbye, hung up the phone and wiped away his teary eyes. Gritting his teeth he drove fast to the hospital, not caring about the speed limit, red lights, or stop signs. As soon as he saw the hospital in the distance he sped faster and quickly turned into the empty parking lot. Pulling into the closest available spit, he got out locking his door and running to the doors. Pushing them open he saw Melissa McCall look over. Running up to her, his face full of worry. "Where's Stiles?" He spoke, voice filled to the brim with anxiety and concern. "They brought him out of surgery a little while ago, they wanted to care for him before calling you and his dad. You can see him on a bit." I nodded and looked down. "He's going to be okay, Derek. I know it." She smiled warmly at him, a mother's smile. But her eyes held fear and worry, just as his did. "And Lydia? Is she okay?" Melissa nodded, "Lydia is just fine, her mother and father are in there now." Looking down at the ground a small but weight lifted off his shoulders. But he still needed Stiles, hell he was expecting him to text him any minute.

Melissa led Derek to the waiting area, and told him it wouldn't be long. Just as she promised, it was 10 minutes before they could see him, he stayed in his spot because his father rushed in and demanded to see his son. He gave them privacy and sat back waiting not so patiently. While he waited he went to his car, grabbed some clothes, and quickly changed in the bathroom. Tapping his foot and scrolling through phone he heard the doors open and Noah's scent in the air, mixed with sadness and grief. Derek stood and walked over to the older man, "how is he?" Derek spoke to the sheriff, startling the man. "Hale? What are you doing here?" Derek looked Noah in the eyes and quietly said, "I'm here for Stiles. I care a lot about him." The man nodded wiping away his teary eyes. "They said he could be in his coma for awhile or not long at all. If he makes it through the night that is." He said getting quiet at the end. "I can't loose my son Derek. I just can't."

Derek nodded in understanding as the man walked away and out the building. He looked to Melissa as she nodded, room 407, he remembered her saying to his dad. Heading to the fourth floor. Looking at the door numbers he saw at the end of the hall was 407. Gently and quietly stepping in the room, he saw Stiles' still body laying on the bed. His heartbeat monitor hooked up, morphine drip, and oxygen. A pang of sadness coursed through the hales body. Lying up a chair by Stiles, he took out his phone, unable to say the words out loud.

|||||||||||||||||||||||||||

11:21 PM

Derek: Hey Stiles

Derek: I'm so sorry this happened to you

Derek: You don't deserve this

Derek: You deserve the world

Derek: not the pain

Derek: it sucks that you can't reply

Derek: I just pray to God above that you will pull through this

Derek: I know you will pull through this.

Derek: I believe in you

Derek: I love you Stiles.

Derek: I had a whole thing planned, for Valentine's Day.

Derek: I was going to surprise you at your house when you got home.

Derek: I had chocolates, flowers, curly fries, and burgers.

Derek: and if that turned out okay and you didn't reject I was going to take you the arcade and we'd play Lazer tag, since it's your favourite.

Derek: I guess we can do that if you get out

Derek: WHEN you get out.

Derek: I love you Stiles. I always will.

Derek: its pretty late now

Derek: and I'm staying by your side. I'm not leaving you.

Derek: Goodnight Stiles

||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

"I love you, Stiles." He said the pale boy and went and laid on the couch pulling up a blanket and falling asleep and many restless minutes.

||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

You guys hate me right?

I hate me

I was in the middle of a test and was like HOLY SHIT THIS WILL WORK BUT EVERYONE WILL HATE ME

But fuck it right??

Well there ya guys go I hope you enjoyed spending time with me I enjoyed spending time with you and I'll see you little haters soon

Byeee