Chapter 10

Dean and Sam had finally come back, angrily setting their duffle bag on the table. You looked up from polishing your knife, Castiel walking over to them.

"What happened?" Castiel asked them and glanced back at you.

"After a day of having Crowley in the devil's trap he sent his hellhound to bust him out and almost killed us!" Dean explained angrily and pulled up the sleeve of his shirt, revealing deep scratches. Your eyes widened.

"Are you alright?... How did you get out of there?" You asked and stood up, walking to the three. Sam turned to you, his eyes no longer angry.

"We locked ourselves in the bathroom until the hound broke the trap and Crowley left." Sam explained, running a hand through his hair.

"Did you find anything out?" Castiel asked, moving uncomfortably close to you. Sam's eyes filled with something you didn't recognize.

"Yeah um.... Your father, (Y/N).... Crowley said that there was something he passed to you." Sam explained, averting his eyes. You tilted your head, before shaking it in denial.

"Matt?" You asked tilting your head.

"Well Matt's your father, right?... Did he pass anything down to you?" Dean asked, his candy apple eyes boring into yours. You pulled out the blade Matt had given you.

"This." You said simply, holding it by the tip of its blade.

"Remiel's angel blade.... Crowley has hundreds of angel blade... That can't be what he wants..." Castiel said, really just thinking out loud. You shrugged, slipping the knife back into your pocket. You took a small step from Cas, noticing that Sam relaxed and Castiel's shoulders slumped.

"I'm.... Going to... Go to a motel..." You mumble, rubbing your arm awkwardly. Sam nodded and grabbed his belongings.

"I'll rent a room next to yours and... Make sure Crowley leaves you alone." Sam smiled as Dean tossed him the keys.

"Get 'em tiger." Dean teased, winking at you. Your cheeks turned a light pink as Castiel tensed. Sam put an arm around you and hugged you, making you walk rigidly out the door. As soon as Sam closed the door he looked into your eyes.

"I hope you realize that you don't have to be afraid of me... I'm going to protect you.... I want you to trust me." Sam almost begged softly. You looked up at him as he gently put a hand to your cheek. You forced yourself not to flinch, instinctively leaning into his touch.

"Thank you... I just... I hate to see the fear in your eyes.." Sam admitted, putting his hand back at his side. You smiled at him, a small ache in your heart beginning to deepen.

When you arrived at the motel you paid for your room and, as promised, Sam paid for the one next to yours. You said goodbye at the door and unlocked it, smiling at the comfortable looking bed. You closed the door behind you, throwing the duffle bag on a small table and laying in your bed. You yawned loudly, but sat back up. You grabbed a fresh change of clothes and walked into the bathroom. The floor was white tiles, the walls a light grey. The shower was right across from the toilet, the sink separating them. You undressed, leaving your clothes in a small pile. You grabbed a towel from the rack and left it on the hanger outside of the shower. You turned on the water, adjusting it to a nice temperature before stepping in. You took a small bottle of shampoo and washed your hair, doing the same with conditioner. You washed your body, shaving and the works. You rinsed yourself and turned off the water, grabbing your towel and wrapping it around yourself. You went to take a step out, your foot sliding on the tile floor. You let out a loud cry of surprise and fell backwards, hitting your head. You tried to blink away the pain but it was blinding. The door burst open and, without hesitation, Sam picked you up bridal style. He laid you down and inspected your head.

"What happened?" He asked, his eyebrows furrowing in worry.

"I just slipped... I.. I can be very... Clumsy.." You said, beginning to drift off.

"You should stay awake..." Sam said gently. You shook your head. Sam sighed and picked you up and sat down, allowing you to lay on his chest. You snuggled him and slowly fell asleep. Sam fell asleep soon after.