Argument [15]

"That's not fair!" Jack yelled at the Giant. "It's completely fair that you have to stay in a box when I'm not home. You can still breathe and take stuff in there. It's not that I don't trust you-" "It sure seems that way!" "-it's that I don't want you getting hurt or squished or trapped somewhere when I'm not here," Mark explained, trying to remain calm.
"I won't get squished! There won't be anything around to try to!" "I don't want you to get hurt by any bugs or spiders or rodents that could show up," Mark used words that he knew it scared Jack to think about.
"I can protect myself!" Jack insisted. "Okay then. Here. I'm going to put you down on the floor. I'm going to walk around and you try to avoid me. I won't look where I'm going," Mark said plainly.
"NO!" Jack yelled in fear. "Why not?" "You'll squish me..." "I thought you could protect yourself." "I can! Just not against Giants." "Then what if someone tried to take you and I wasn't here? How would you protect yourself?" Mark asked.
Jack didn't reply. He sat cross-legged on Mark's hand with his back to Mark and crossed his arms.
Mark put the Tiny into the box and closed the Tiny door. He put the box on the counter of the kitchen and left to go to the store.