•Four•

-Flash back-

I was standing in hallway two inside Level Head junior high, just minding my own business. (I was on a tour of junior high schools trying to decide which one to attend next year.)

I spotted something ahead of me on the floor.

Luke?

Oh that's right. He went to this school! But What was he doing lying on the ground? Then I realized he wasn't just laying there, something was weighing him down. The old PE equipment was in this hall and Luke was under the weight lifting mechanism, pushing as hard as he could, trying to keep the 100 pound weight from crushing him.

I rushed to him and he stuttered as he saw me

"Annabeth?"

"Luke"

"Please- help me"

"Oh Luke."

We had a rocky relationship. I'm pretty sure I'd had a crush on him for a few years when he lived next door to me. I'm not sure the feeling had completely dispersed. But then he'd moved and changed schools. Now he went here.

I'd seen him a few times since then. Nothing good. He had threatened my friends, carried out dumb stunts and just was a bad boy. Yikes why was he like this. I wanted him back but he was just so mean.

Percy had given up on him and viewed him as a traitor. He would like nothing better than to aim a kick at him downstairs. I on the other hand still had some hope. I knew it was almost nothing but Luke still was part of my life. How could I let him go?

Enough of this. He's getting crushed.

I dropped my clipboard that I'd been taking notes on and scooted over so I was laying next to him. I put my arms up and held the weight with him. We shared the burden for a few seconds, then he stopped lifting and gave me the entire weight. I almost slipped up and dropped it on top of me, but somewhere inside, I found the strength to hold it.

Luke panted as he sat up.

"Luke help me"

I pleaded.

"Sorry Annabeth. It's gotta be this way"

"You're not going to help me?" I cried. The pressure was too much.

Luke stood up and looked at me. Another figure came out of the shadows of the old equipment.

Gross. Arron Sky. The school bully.

How the heck was he here? He went to Meryweather prep with me and Percy.

"Sorry Annabeth." Said Luke. "This was the only way."

Arron Sky gestured to Luke to be quiet. He then looked down at me as I struggled to keep from blacking out from pain and weariness. Luke was working for this jerk??!?

Arron's eyes swept up and down my figure.

"She'll do. Got some nice curves and pretty face."

What. The. Heck??

Luke almost looked like he was ready to punch him for saying that. Almost. Unfortunately he didn't.

"Okay blonde." Arron said "this is how it's gonna work. You're gonna be my girlfriend."

I almost dropped the weight.

What?!

I whimpered.

"Maybe she should be relived of the burden" Luke suggested.

Arron sighed "fine."

He grabbed the weight with one hand and yanked it off of me. Yeah. He was that strong. Yikes.

I fell back shaking from exhaustion.

Luke sat next to me and put his hand on my forehead.

"Uuhhh" I groaned.

"No buts." Said Arron. "I need a girlfriend this year because all of my friends have one. You won't tell a soul about today, or else I'll punch your lights out."

"Uh this wasn't part of the dea-"

"Shut up Luke. You've done enough. Go back to your classes and I'll just take this Annabel girl back to school."

He punched Luke in the ribs and Luke gasped, the wind having been knocked out of him.

He got up and looked sadly at me and walked back to his class.

TRAITOR! I screamed inside my head. I THOUGHT YOU WERE MY FRIEND?! HOW COULD YOU DO THS TO ME LUKE?? AGAIN?!? I NEVER SHOULD HAVE TRUSTED YOU!! NOW IM DATING AN ABUSIVE BULLY!

I couldn't believe what was happening. Arron had warned me not to tell anyone or he'd hurt me.

He walked away with a smirk and I got up and walked to the entrance to get a ride home from my dad.

Next chapter will also be a flashback. Ps. You're so welcome for this. Can you guess what is giving me this idea??

<3 Auntie Tori