Chapter 3 ~ Texting Buddies

Start from the beginning

I had an older brother, but he was a sophomore in college, so I was home by myself. Which was fine, because I was almost 17 anyways.

I was getting a little cold since it was fall, so I went to my closet and slipped on a long, dark green sweater over my old light blue t-shirt and black shorts.

As I walked back to my bed, my phone lit up because I had gotten a text.

As I plopped myself back on the bed, I picked up my phone, and there was text from Jake.

I turned the volume of the TV down and placed my remote control on the white, drawer nightstand I had next to bed.

Jake: Hey, can I ask you a question and huge favor?

I didn't really know if I should say yes. He's super nice, of course, but it really depended on what he wanted.

Me: For what?

He responded pretty quickly, which meant he was probably ready for my next response.

Jake: So, my mom wanted to have u come over for dinner tomorrow night, and then go to a movie or something after. Oh, and she said to invite ur parents too.

Really, she wanted to have us over for dinner already? To be honest, I had only met her, and Jake, a few days ago. But, she was such a sweet lady, and so I responded:

Me: Sure. But my dad is on a business trip, so it will only be my mom and I. :)

Jake: Thank you so much! I really appreciate it :)

I blushed a little.

Why am I blushing? We're not even really dating.

But then I noticed I had to tell my mom a really big piece of information. I had a boyfriend that I had never mentioned before.

~~~~

I heard mom pull into the garage. I looked at the clock.

7:18 p.m. Just around the time she said she'd get home.

I walked out of my room, taking my empty bowl with me, and walked downstairs to greet my mom.

"Hey mom," I said to her.

"Hi sweetie," she replied putting groceries into the fridge.

"Um, so mom, I need to ask you a question." I said nervously.

"Sure honey, what is it?" she replied sweetly.

"So, I was wondering, my boyfriend Jake's mom invited us to dinner tomorrow night, and I wanted to see if you were available. If you're not that's totally okay, he said we can..."

"Honey! You have a boyfriend?! Of course we can go!" she interrupted me politely.

I smiled nervously and turned to throw my styrofoam bowl and plastic spoon into the trash can.

"So honey," mom said, "how long have you been dating Jake?"

Crud, I have to make up a specific amount of time. Umm, what' s a good time to have been dating? Not too long... uhhh, this is so dang hard!

"Um, about a month," I responded.

"How come you haven't mentioned him before to me and your father?" mom answered.

"I wanted things to be okay for the first month, and if things didn't work out, it wouldn't be anything too serious."

"Oh okay, that makes sense," my mom added.

I smiled at her, and then said, "Okay, I'm going to shower and get ready for bed."

"Okay honey," she replied, and went to grab something from the pantry.

~~~~

I quickly texted Jake and told him that it was all set.

He replied, 'Great', and said we were going to the 7:15 screening of the movie. I replied with a quick 'Ok', and started to get ready for bed.

I walked to the bathroom and took out my side braid, my brown hair in loose waves instead of my natural straight locks.

I took off my mascara and hopped in the shower.

After I got out, I put on a purple t-shirt that I bought from Forever 21 a while ago that said Wonderful, and put on a pair of adidas black and white shorts.

I then slipped on some fuzzy black socks, brushed my teeth, put my retainer in, and climbed into bed.

I picked up my book, A Dog's Purpose, and read the last three of four chapters.

I read relatively fast, and checked my clock placed on my nightstand.

10:00 p.m. Wow, time flies by really fast. I dimmed my desk lamp, which was the only source of light in my room since I had turned off my bigger light earlier, and pulled my sheets and blanket over my body.

My thoughts wrestled in my head for 20 minutes while lying in bed. Most of them were somehow related to Jake, and mostly dealing with how I completely embarrassed myself with all those goldfish in my mouth and the dinner tomorrow.

Ugh! Why am I even still up? I texted him wayy too much today.

I read the clock again, and it was 10:45. I slowly felt my eyes becoming heavy, and slowly, but surely, I fell asleep.

 I slowly felt my eyes becoming heavy, and slowly, but surely, I fell asleep

A/N:

Hey daisies! Thanks for reading this chapter! Any suggestions on my next one? Leave it in the comments ;) I hope you had an amazing day today! Please vote and share!

P.S. Chapter 4 is going to be a little bit longer than my other chapters, so prepare yourself!!

Joke of the week: What do you call a three-footed aardvark? A 'YARD' vark!! Hahahahaha! Just kidding, it wasn't that funny, but it's one of my cheesy favorites, sooo

Joke of the week: What do you call a three-footed aardvark? A 'YARD' vark!! Hahahahaha! Just kidding, it wasn't that funny, but it's one of my cheesy favorites, sooo.... okay bye guys!