Chapter~ 4

Naruto breathing was shallow as he looked up at the crouching figure with a slightly pained look. He tried to ignore his broken wrist, from the men from before, and the jagged cuts across his neck and chest. The bruising on his chest and cracked rib from the harsh kicks the woman who continually pulled at his hair and screamed at him for the lost lives of her children...

Blue eyes glimpsed at the small clear bottle in the man's hand. The man's blank face turned to one of pure sadistic glee as he held up the small bottle filled with a clear liquid.

"Do you know what this is?" When he received nothing but a blank stare he continued, "Of course not! This is a poison that my family made up generations ago. It wasn't designed to immediately kill whoever was injected with into, but to cause a slow and painful death."

"Beautiful how it works." He paused again, as if expecting a response, but continued again. "It causes your heart to work ten times its normal rate. Your blood will reproduce at an alarming rate as the poison fuses with your cells...and before you know it, your body is rejecting the extra blood. Then your body will start to recognize your blood as an intruder in your own body and you'll die of blood loss." He struck the needle into the bottle and drew some of its contents, tapping the syringe with his finger. "The best thing about this little poison is that even with your body rejected your blood continuously, you won't die as quickly as you think. Your heart will be trying to replace the lost blood that it's forcing out. It'll take hours for you to die. Hopefully even longer."

He jabbed the needle into the blonde's arm, injecting the liquid into his veins. Yanking the needle out, the older man drug his fingers over the jagged cut on his neck, pressing harshly against the wound. The boy to wince slightly.

"Seventeen years ago today, an attack was put onto this village by one of the Tailed Beast...the Kyūbi no Kitsune..." He began eerily. "It killed numerous of our people. Men, women, children, ninjas, and civilians. It didn't matter to that damned monster who it killed. I lost good friends that day, along with my sister and wife. I've had to raise her only sons, as well as my own kids, in their place. Heh, it even cost the Yondaime his life!"

The man laughed, it was a slightly insane laugh. "But like all other tailed beast, It was impossible to kill. The closest the Yondaime could get was sealing It into a newborn child. Since then, we've had to live watching the Thing that killed our loved one walk around this village without a care in the world! No remorse for the lives it had taken. That demon in human skin."

"We watched It grow, watched It joined the academy and become a shinobi of this village. Grow stronger and more powerful. We begged the Sandaime that it was a mistake. That bad things would happen if he let It become a shinobi of the Leaf, but the old man wouldn't listen to reason. It had fooled him into thinking that It was just a harmless child, but we didn't fall for such lies. It even fooled the Godaime and Master Jiraiya, and some of our children. It caused our young Uchiha heir to run off to that Snake, caused attacks on our village, did disgraceful things to the Godaime's apprentice, and attempted to do it to two of our village's own as well!"

The man's laughter was tinged with insanity as he looked over the boys trembling frame. "And now look where your wrong doings have led you. In a cell, where a monster should be held. Of course, I would prefer it better if you died a year ago, like you were supposed to, but I'm taking care of that."

The boy's body shook with the cold, tears he never knew he could shed flowed from his eyes. His body was aching with a burning pain, his lungs felt as if they were going to shrivel up inside of him. His gripped the place over his heart weakly when he felt pain spread there and latch onto the organ.

"For seventeen years we let you get away, but now, we have you chained. Never to see light again!"

A pained gasp left him and he gripped his chest harder. His heart was beating faster by the second and...it hurt so much. His breaths came in short gasps and pants. His lungs were having a hard time keeping oxygen inside his body.