Chapter 46

Asher POV

I've been calling, and texting her for weeks now. She can't be found, I don't know where she is. She's gone, and it's driving me crazy.

When I look up from my meeting I don't see her there.

When I go home she isn’t there to greet me with a smile.

When I walked through the door and I didn't see Miyas cute giggle cut through the room because she was laughing at something funny on TV.

She just wasn't there, both of them weren't, and I couldn't do anything about it.

I mean I tried to track her down, with a private investigator. But I had to stop myself because I know that will make me look creepy.

Also, the last thing that I need was the Woman that I was trying to get back to hold even more bitterness towards me then she already has.

The fact that she was gone, and not knowing if Miya and her were safe worried me.

I mean she couldn't have gone far?

Where was she even staying at? She has no place. I know she doesn't have no family.

Unless she was with her brother. However, her brother was in another state.

Hold on, I hope she didn't move! Maybe she was with her brother. I need to book a ticket to-

I stopped, and realized what I was doing! I'm literally driving myself mad. I couldn't stand being like this.

I heard the door click signaling someone was opening it. I looked up and was already going to yell at the person, but It was just Jason.

"What's up man." Jason said closing the door.

"Hey"

"What are you doing tonight?"

"The same thing I’ve been doing for years, work!" I said snapping.

"Woah, calm down there's no need to be on the edge." Jason said frowning.

I rolled my eyes but responded. "I'm not on the edge-"

"Dude yes you are. You've been tense for weeks now. I don't know what's going on, but I'm pretty sure I have an idea of what it is."

"Like I said I'm not on edge, or tense. It's just been work, that I actually have to get back to so if-"

"It's Natalia, isn't it?" He said asking, cutting me off again.

I stayed silent and didn't say anything. I think he knew that I wasn't budging so he sighed and put his hands in his pockets.

"Man, I know you don't like to talk about these things and I get it. I mean you were always like that even when we were younger." He said

I scoffed at his comment, while he chuckled a little bit because of it.

"However, you’re in this funk. It's either you’re snapping at everyone or distant and don't want to talk. I mean you stay in your office all day working."

I just stared at him, and let him continue talking.

"I know that Natalia and you have been seeing each other. I also know that for these past weeks she hasn't come to work. It's none of my business of what happen, but whatever it was fix it."

I actually sat up from my chair listening to him carefully.

"Dude she makes you happy, Especially with your past relationship with Victoria. You seemed like a different, and happier person with Natalia then you were with her. I mean whoever could do that deserves a gold medal." He said looking up and smiling lightly.