Chapter 15

Natalia POV

Mr. Ford and two other men stepped through the door immediately. I already knew what he looked like, and was kind of familiar with him, just by the few phone calls that we had about the meeting.

I mean Mr. Beacon told me to look up all of his personal information. From his business, all the way up to his contact information.

He really wanted to know everything about him, and how his character was when working in business. Especially having this big of a meeting I suppose.

He went directly to Mr. Beacon shaking his hand.

"Mr. Beacon." He nodded

"Mr. Ford."

Wow, this was serious. I mean they were talking like robots. It was too formal for my liking.

"Well let's get to business." Mr. Ford said while seating himself down on the chair across from us.

Suddenly the two men that were with Mr. Ford took out two big brief cases. They opened them up and started taking out papers.

After they were done, they sat the cases down under the table, and at the same exact time.

They were like creepy twin dolls that you see in scary movies like The Shining. But instead of dresses they had suits, and instead of being young girls they were two grown men.

Which made it even more creepy.

The thought of it actually made me laugh inside. I think that Mr. Beacon notice how ridiculous they looked as well.

Because in the corner of my eye. I saw him roll his eyes. At this a little snip of body language from him a laugh came from my mouth.

Immediately everyone snapped their heads at me. All eyes were trained on me like daggers.

I looked down embarrassed, and muttered a sorry. I looked up to see if they were still looking at me.

However, they weren't they were talking amongst each other.

Alrighty then...

The meeting was so boring. All I heard was Mr. Beacon talk about things. Well I'm guessing important things.

However, I didn't even know half of the things they were saying. So, they were just things to me.

Every now and then he will tell me to past him stuff or give me a nod if I needed to write something down.

I really kind of wanted to get out of here, and worse of all my phone was vibrating in my pocket constantly.

I didn't know if it was Jane or someone else. I also didn’t want to look at it because I knew once I did Mr. Beacon will fuss about it after. So, I rather just wait a few minutes.

 Luckily the meeting ended quickly and Mr. Beacon and Mr. Ford were shaking hands.

I didn't even say bye to the Master and his twin dolls. I just went straight to the elevator waiting for Mr. Beacon.

As I was waiting for him I checked my phone. And I was right it was Jane. She was texting me about Miya’s condition and how it had gotten worse.

It was about 10 text messages. But the last message read:

Jane: “Hey, Natalia I know you’re probably busy. Tracey told me that you were in a meeting. Miya seems to not improve. So I'm here on the 15th floor waiting. Text me when you get this.”

As I finished reading the text. Mr. Beacon finally stepped in the elevator pushing the 15th floor. I was tapping my foot impatiently waiting for the elevator to open.