Chapter 16

Natalia POV

Shortly after we left, we arrived at urgent care. I took my car with Miya, she seated in the back strapped in her car seat, while Jane was following behind.

Once we parked I rushed to the door not even thinking of Jane. Luckily there was no line. So, we went straight to the front desk.

There was a middle age lady typing on a computer. She looked up at me smiling.

"What can I help you with Miss?"

"Hi, my daughter is coughing, sniffing, and seems to have an aching throat and she also has a temperature."

"Okay, we can get her in shortly. I just need some information from you?"

After I gave her all the information about Miya she got me checked into the system. Right away she told me that they had a room ready.

We walked in the back and was greeted by a nurse. She walked us through some doors and a hallway until she finally stopped at the room.

She walked us in and told us to take a seat. Before she closed the door, she spoke up.

"Doctor Linda will be with you shortly." She said smiling.

"Okay, Thank you." I responded.

We waited for about seven minutes until the Doctor walked in. She shook my hand and looked down at Miya.

Wow well that was fast, usually it takes 40 minutes to an hour for them to even come and look at you.

Right away she had a concerned look on her face while asking questions about the symptoms that Miya was experiencing.

After I explained the symptoms that she has been having she started inspecting Miya.

"Can you open up your mouth for me sweetheart?" She asked Miya.

Miya opened her mouth wide. The doctor took a stick and patted down her tongue so she can look at the back of her throat.

"Say ahhh for me sweetheart."

Miya opened her mouth as wide as she could this time.

She then took an ear thermometer and stuck it in her ear. She also examined her eyes, and heart rate.

"So, Miss. Wake Miya here has nothing too serious but just a cold, but I will say that its a little more severe than normal especially in such a short period of time. Her temperature is up, but not much. Her throat is a little swell. However, everything else is fine. Are you giving her anything right now?"

"Yeah I'm giving her Children's Tylenol right now."

"Okay, well sometimes Tylenol causes little ones like Miya herself to run a high rocket temperature. She's not there yet, but we just want to make sure that it doesn't get to that. So, I recommend you give her something on the lighter side like Children's Nyquil."

"Alright, Thank you Doctor."

"No, Problem if you have any more complications or she gets worse within 24 hours come back in and we can have a look again alright?"

"Yeah, sounds good."

"Okay you guys have nice day."

"You too" I smiled at her before she closed the door.

We got up from the chairs and walked out. Once we stepped outside I finally talked to Jane.

"Hey, Jane you're off the clock for the rest of the day. I'm just going to go home and keep a watch on Miya." I said.

I looked at her expecting everything to be okay. However, she was on the brink of tears it seemed.

I touched her shoulder asking what was wrong.

"I'm so sorry Natalia, I should have done something or came to you sooner. I just hope that you're not mad." She said with her voice cracking.

"You are fine Hun, you didn't do anything wrong. You did the right thing by coming to my job. I'm sorry for not answering right away. I was the one that was actually in the wrong. I appreciate you coming and getting in contact with me alright?" I said while giving her shoulder a little squeeze for assurance and comfort

She nodded her head and gave me a light smile from her lips.

"Yeah, well I'm sorry again, but thank you so much Natalia"

"No, thank you I'll see you on Monday."

"Yeah, and um Natalia can you text me to let me know If Miya is doing better?" She asked

"Yeah, sure thing!"

"Alright bye."

"Bye" I said waving at her.

She was so thoughtful, and kind. It hurt me to see her beat herself up. She was so delicate.

However, that just shows that she loves and cares for Miya deeply and that should be good considering shes my babysitter.

I walked to my car with Miya in my hands. I opened the back door, and sat her in her car seat and buckled her up.

I stepped in the car and started the engine then drove off. While I was driving I passed National Elect Industries.

I actually had a good day today. I mean Mr. Beacon wasn't really that bad. Well he always had his smart little remarks or a nasty attitude.

On the other hand, his remarks were not as much today compared to his usual ones. Where he would insult me every 5 minutes. It was like only twice this evening.

But he was actually... nice? Yeah, I know right. I never thought that I would use Asher and nice in the same sentence.

Asher... mhm I really like the name. I never even knew his real one until he told it to Miya today when he introduced himself to her.

It was crazy, I never saw him that happy. I should bring Miya around more often at work if he was going to react like that every time.

We finally arrived home. I parked the car and turned it off. I turn around and looked at Miya. She was already asleep.

Her hair was in her face, and her cute little legs were hanging off the car seat.

I got out the car and opened the back door. I bent down unbuckling her and lifting her up.

She didn't even open her eyes. She was so tired and her body was probably worn out fighting the cold. 

Oh, poor thing.

I walked up the stairs while getting my key out. I unlocked the door and walked in. 

I went straight to my bedroom laying her down on the bed. I stripped off my clothes putting on something more comfortable.

I went to the bathroom, and looked in the cabinet that was behind the mirror. I looked around and spotted the medicine. I took it out of cabinet and sat it down on the sink.

Luckily, I didn't have to go to the store and buy it because, I already had it.

I read the instructions in the back for children dosage and poured it in the cup. I turned off the light and walked back into the bedroom

I woke up Miya encouraging her to take the medicine. At first, she resisted but then she finally took it obviously complaining at the taste.

"Good girl" I said cooing to her after she drank it all without spitting it out.

I stripped her out of her clothes, and just let her lay bare on the bed, so she wouldnt run a fever.

Before I knew it, she went back to sleep. I plugged up a fan turning it on facing Miya to cool her down. I wanted to lower her temperature much as possible.

I walked on the other side of the bed, and curled up right behind her falling asleep.