Chapter 8

Natalia POV

I went into the bathroom and ran warm water in the tub. I poured bubble bath in the water. While that was going I put Miya down onto the floor, and stripped her out of her clothes.

I waited a few minutes until the bathtub was full to turn it off. I picked up Miya and placed her in. I grabbed a baby washcloth and dipped it into the bubbles and soap and started washing her.

I grabbed some bubbles from the water putting it in her hair, and blowing them in her face. Her wet hair was sticking to her face while she was clapping her hands and giggling at the tickling sensation that bubbles were giving her when they landed on her skin

She picked the up bubbles from the water by clasping her hands together. However, every time she would open her hands she would look for the bubble, but they would dissolve in her skin. She looked so cute with her scrunched up face showing that she was confused.

She tilted her head towards her hands curious of where they went. After a while of working too hard to find the lost bubbles a yawn came out her little mouth.

"Mommy I tired" Miya said rubbing her eyes, and not fully completing her sentence

"Okay, mommy's going to put you to bed, let me rinse you off first okay?"

"Okay." She responded in a whisper.

I rinsed her off a few times before I picked her up. I wrapped her in a towel that I sat on the sink earlier. I dried her wet body and hair off. I drained the water in the tub watching it go down the drain.

I walked her to her room setting her down on the bed. I went to the dresser and picked her out a blue pair of matching pajamas.

I unwrapped her towel from her body replacing it with her comfy pajamas. Once she was in them, I tucked her into bed and pulled the covers over her. I was going to read her a bed time story, but before I knew it she was asleep.

********

The next morning, I woke up pretty early to get ready. I walked into the bathroom and jumped into a quick shower. I got out and went to my closet. I picked out a red dress, cream heels with a matching cream jacket.

I put my hair in a curled ponytail reaching just below my upper back. I applied eyeliner, mascara, and a tint of red lipstick.

I went to the bathroom and looked at myself in the mirror. One I was satisfied with the way I looked. I exited my bedroom entering the living room. I saw Jane and Miya sitting at the kitchen table.

Miya was placed in the high chair and Jane was feeding her. I looked behind them and looked at the clock on the microwave showing 6:30. I had to get going before I was late.

I rushed to the kitchen table giving Miya a kiss on the forehead and telling Jane goodbye. I left my apartment heading to work.

By the time I was on the 15th floor it was 7:00 on the dot. I wondered if he was already here. I saw Tracey walk past me. This gave me a chance to ask her if he had come in yet?

"Hey, Tracey has Mr. Beacon came in yet?"

"No, he hasn't actually he told me to tell you to wait here, and that he will only be a few minutes"

"Oh, do you know why?" I asked

"Nope, he just instructed me to tell you." She shrugged her shoulders.

"Alright. thanks Tracey" I said giving her a light smile.

"Youre Welcome"

She returned the smile and walked to her desk continuing her work.

I turned around and sat in one of the two chairs that was a few feet away from her desk. I wondered why it was different today, even the time I had to be here was odd. I was waiting there watching the clock tick by.

5 minutes was gone, 10, 15, and then 30. Before I knew it, it was 8:00. At this point I was kind of getting irritated. I mean what was taking him so long?

I turned to the side when I heard the elevator opened. Mr. Beacon stepped out, with his phone to his ear.

His hair was ruffled falling into his eyes. His forehead was creased like he was thinking about something hard. His hand was holding his phone tightly. He looked stressed out, and the same veins that were popping out yesterday when he was angry with me were present on his face right now.

"You make sure that you closed that deal Jason. I cant lose it, I spent months getting it. You better do it or so help me God!"

Mr. Beacon hanged up the phone, when he was finished yelling at whoever he was yelling at. He put his phone in his pocket, while mumbling a few words under his breath. He walked towards Tracey where her desk was placed.

He handed her a folder saying something to her. I think she mentioned me because he looked back staring directly towards my direction. He turned away once he took a quick glance at me.

He exchanged a few words to Tracey before he came towards me. I looked up at him because he was tall considering I was sitting down.

He stopped right in front of me staring at me before he finally spoke.

"Come" He said walking away.

I stood up and walked right behind him towards the elevator. Once the elevator doors closed I turned to him speaking.

"Where are we going Sir?" I asked.

"A meeting"

He responded, without even looking at me. This man was an hour late, and had me wait for an hour. I mine as well should of came in the regular time for work. I mean it wouldn't have even made a difference. He also was in a grumpy mood.

All of this without a 'sorry for the wait' or even a simple apology would be fine for his actions. He pushed the button that read the 1st floor to the lobby.

"A meeting?" I asked confused

"I think that's what I said, not even 5 seconds ago." He said with a harsh tone.

I looked at him with a nasty look. Good thing he wasn't looking at me or he would have said something sarcastic. He was such a moody person all the time.

I turned and faced the elevator door waiting for it to open. Once the lobby was in view, he quickly got out walking towards the exit.

I mean he was really fast walking, it was hard to keep up with him. He pushed the door open, not even holding it for me... rude

Once I reached outside. He was waiting for me at the sidewalk. He turned around rolling his eyes impatiently probably because I was going slow.

I looked in front of me, and in my sight, was a long, black limo. A man stepped out from the drivers seat and walked around meeting us on the other side.

He opened the door for us. He had on a black suit, and black glasses. He was bald and very skinny.

"Good Morning Mr. Beacon" He greeted

Mr. Beacon responded with a slight nod and entered the limo. However, when the guy turned towards me, he gave me a wide smile, before I entered the limo. When I was fully seated and settled inside he closed the door shut behind me.

Leaving just me and Mr. Beacon.