2 - Crossed Path

What's more suitable now,
Hello! It's nice to meet you!
or
Thank God, I finally found you.

---

"Butterfly~~ Like a butterfly~" Naya hummed her favorite song as she colored her sketch illustration. Examination week was near and so were the deadlines of some project. That's why this drawing studio was full of students unlike the other normal days.

Everyone who did drawing as their lecture could use this drawing studio. Architecture, Engineer, Graphic Design, Visual Art, and so on, could come and use this studio, as long as there were still any of empty desks of course.

Naya often came here and she would came late so she would be the last one there. Actually, she didn't mind if there were many people too, but she felt that she could do better if it was quiet. And luckily, Naya had a most reliable older brother who voluntarily would come after he finished his work. Thinking about it made Naya smiled sheepishly. Naya was as simple as a 7 year old girl who was only focused on her super brother.

*beep beep*

Naya got a message. It's from Jimin.

I will be late, Nay. I'm so sorry T.T

Naya sighed before she replied him.

If you're sorry then come with a cheesecake :)

It took some minutes for Jimin to reply.

You're the first girl who ever asks for cheesecake in this hour, you know? Please mind your chubby cheeks first, Sweetie.

Naya giggled and typed a long message.

Oppa, why do you think I asked for cheesecake? Because you love it so much. So...Let's get chubbier together, hm? I am waiting here, Oppa ;)

Naya sent it while imagining Jimin's annoyed face. He must be furious because of that and it made Naya satisfied even more when Jimin didn't send her any reply.

When Naya still smiled sheepishly because of her success mission, a boy with an unfamiliar face sat on the empty desk beside her. She automatically stopped smiling, afraid of being judged by an unknown man.

Naya pretended to focus on her drawing but her eye-corner kept staring at the boy besides. That boy took off his sketch book, drawing tools case, and an 60cm ruler.

Ah, he is an engineering student, thought Naya. There were so many differences between engineering student and other 'designing' student as graphic designer or visual art. Graphic design and visual art students tended to bring coloring tools, they drew freely without a ruler or compass, opposite from engineering student who should draw precisely so they needed extra tools. That's why it was easy for Naya to guess what major he was.

The studio was getting less crowded. Each person started to leave the room. And to be honest Naya had finished her illustration, but she found a new fascinating activity, staring at engineering student while they were drawing. Their drawing techniques were totally different with hers and that made her interested.

That boy Naya had been staring at was suddenly clearing his throat, getting Naya back to her sense who was obviously staring at him.

Naya accidentally dropped her (fragile) drawing pencil and it rolled to his under table. He stopped sketching and helped Naya reaching the pencil.

"Th-thank you," said Naya, her throat suddenly felt dry. That boy nodded and gave Naya's pencil back.

"It's broken, tho,"

"Uh?" Naya didn't even concentrate with her pencil. Her focus was stolen by that boy's deep and cold voice, as if he could freeze Naya’s ear.

That boy tilted his head as he didn't get any response from Naya. That was when Naya finally realized the situation.

"Omg, what to do? I have to use it for my exam tomorrow morning!" mumbled Naya while looking at her pencil. It's too late to go to the bookstore and those drawing pencil wasn't available at convenience store.

Naya suddenly stunned when that boy handed his drawing pencil, exactly the same with Naya's. "Here, use mine,"

"Are you sure?" asked Naya, and that boy slightly nodded.

Naya received that pencil and smiled awkwardly, "Thank you so much!"

Jeon Jungkook. Naya read on her mind the name that was written on his sketch book.

Jungkook continued to focus on his drawing, leaving Naya who still smiled like a fool while looking at the pencil.

"Naaaaay!!" a loud noise came, and you could guess who it was.

"Oppa!" shouted Naya to Jimin who was walking toward her with two packs of mini cheesecake on his hand. His white shirt's sleeves rolled up and his hair was a little bit mess. Naya smiled, she always loved this kind of his appearance.

"You are truly late until I finished my illustration,"

Jimin ruffled Naya’s hair, didn’t know that someone beside Naya was rolling his eyes, "It's you that worked so quick. It's only 10, tho. Usually you finished at 12,"

"So, wanna go home now?" asked Jimin and Naya nodded her head excitedly. But Naya suddenly remembered that Jungkook was still there.

Naya stood up and took one of the cheesecake from Jimin. She put in on Jungkook's desk before she dragged Jimin out of the studio, preventing her brother to ask so much question about what she did earlier.

"What was that???" asked Jimin when they both already went out of the studio.

"Nothing. He just lent me his pencil when mine was broken. So, it's a thankfulness," explained Naya calmly. Jimin nodded his head a bit.

"Ah, I forget to tell you that mom and dad are abroad now," said Jimin. His expression was changed a bit but Naya didn't notice it.

"Really? Where?" asked Naya excitedly.

"Japan," Jimin answered shortly while opening his car door for Naya.

"Japan??? Omg, why didn't they invite me?"

Jimin shook his head unbelievably then flicked Naya’s forehead. "Your exam is coming, little kid,"

Naya frowned then she entered the car. Oh, and she didn't forget to steal another cheesecake from Jimin's hand. Jimin laughed, found that her sister was really cute.

"It's not okay for you to go there with them now, tho," said Jimin with his low voice and of course, Naya couldn't hear that.

Then Jimin started to drive home slowly and safely.

---

Jungkook stretched his arms as he finished a half of his drawing. It's only him now in the studio. His eyes stopped at the pack of cheesecake on his desk. A smile formed up on his lips. Yeah, Jungkook was smiling, his first smile since he-didn't-remember-when.

He didn't really like cheesecake, though. But because he was hungry and it was, once again, his first time to receive any gift from the other people, he ate it.

And somehow it felt tastier than the last time he could remember.

She...still needs to give back the pencil, right? Thought Jungkook, secretly made an excuse to see her again.

----

It's boring right? Lol I'm so sorry🙇 The conflicts will be started on the next chapter, so please look forward to it! ^^ ^^