"His ears get cold easily so he has to wear a hat all the time," I jumped in to save the boy from having to use long phrases.

"Ooh."

She nodded in understanding before turning her attention back to the movie that was about three quarters of the way over. As the movie ended, Louis stretched and yawned loudly as Lottie got up to put in a new movie. Jay came into the front room to sit in the chair to watch the movie with us.

"How's your job going, Liam? Louis said you got promoted?" Jay asked me.

"Yeah. Uh, I did-"

"Then he quit," Louis interjected.

"Excuse me?" Jay sputtered a tad.

"Thanks, Boobear," I gave him a slight glare along with the child nickname I knew he hated.

"You quit your job?"

"Was my fault!" Niall interjected.

"It was not."

"Why does he think it was his fault?"

"Because he didn't want me to leave for work and I didn't want to leave him so I just kind of took him with me," I explained before a blush rose into my cheeks when I realized how cheesy that sounded.

"He's very attached," Louis stage-whispered.

"Are you still living well-off? Like are you good with money?"

"I've got savings and I'm almost finished with writing my novel so hopefully, I'll be able to sell that soon."

"Living the dream, huh?" Jay smiled, warmly.

I glanced over at Niall who was now distracted with playing with Phoebe's hair before smiling and answering Jay, "Something like that."

"What about you, Boo? How are things with Kyle?"

"Mum, I told you that we broke up."

"I know. I just like hearing reassurance."

Jay gave a small smug smile that made me laugh a bit as Louis gave a fond eye roll. I heard a small grumble from beside me and I look over to find Niall gripping at his stomach. He leaned down and whispered shh to it.

"Are you hungry, Ni?" I asked with a wide smile.

"Uh, am thinking so?" He said in a small voice. "Did not think I was But then tummy did growl so must be!"

"I can go make you a small snack," Jay offered, getting up. "You boys are staying for dinner, correct?"

"Do we really have much of a choice?" Louis asked.

"Not really, no."

Jay disappeared into the kitchen and I got up to stretch and to relief myself but Niall gripped the side of my shirt before I could get too far away.

"Where are going?" Niall asked.

"Just to the bathroom, love. I'll be right back."

I gave him a quick kiss on the forehead before leaving the room. I quickly relieved myself and snuck into the kitchen to help Jay with whatever she was making for Niall.

"Oh hello, Liam."

"Need any help?" I offered.

"No dear. Thank you though," she gave me a small smile to which I returned and gave a short nod before turning to exit the kitchen. "Oh Liam. I wanted to ask you something."

I gulped a bit and my heart beat picked up as I turned back around, "Yes?"

"I don't mean to be rude or anything but why does he talk the way he does?"