•short skirts•

"You sound like a jealous boyfriend, Mike."

•A YEAR LATER•

•A YEAR LATER•

"Kids, wake up! Mike and Lucas are here!"

Mabel flew out of bed. The twins were running late. Dipper rolled out of bed, clearly not as motivated as Mabel. Mabel rushed to her closet, grabbing an outfit and running to the bathroom. Luckily she picked something that matched, a maroon sweater with a big orange leaf in the middle, paired with bright orange tights. She ran out of the bathroom, noticing Dipper emerging from the bedroom with his signature hat and another vest, almost identical to the other seventeen he has.

She raced down the stairs, skipping the last step, landing in front of Mike and Lucas, who had watched the whole ordeal.

"Good morning, friends!" She greeted with a smile.
"Hey," the boys both replied in sync.
"Where's Dipper?" Lucas asked, looking irritated.
"Who knows?" Mabel shrugged.

Suddenly, Dipper came barreling down the stairs, his number three journal tucked under his arm.

"Here," Dipper breathed heavily, "I'm here."
"Took you long enough," Lucas replied with an eye roll.
"Don't be so hard on him, Lucas," Mabel defended, "It's not his fault he's a big goof."
"I am not!" Dipper screeched.
"You both are!" Mike concluded, "Now let's get going. Dustin and Will are waiting for us."

The three boys and the girl walked outside and got on their bikes. Mabel noticed her tire had a flat.

"Aw, man," she sighed, getting off her sparkly pink bike.

Mike noticed her dilemma. He had practically fallen in love with the girl, so he of course, jumped at the chance to have her close to him.

"You can ride with me, Mabel," Mike smiled, patting the back of his bike.
"Are you sure?" She questioned.

Mabel really liked Mike. Sometimes, she felt like he liked her back, but she knew how kind he was. She didn't want to mistake his kindness for having a crush.

Mike nodded, patting the seat once again. Mabel shrugged and got on, wrapping her arms around Mike's torso. Mike blushed, and so did Mabel. The ride to school felt like it was forever. Mike felt Mabel's breath on his neck. He could barely contain himself. Every time they went over a slight bump, Mabel gripped Mike even harder than before.

Finally, they had met up with Will and Dustin.

"Hey, boys!" Mabel called from the back of Mike's bike.
"Hey!" Will and Dustin called back with smiles.

Will and Dustin looked at each other with big and knowing smirks. They noticed Mabel's arms wrapped around Mike. They both could tell the two liked each other. Mike had told the boys, Dipper being the exception, that he liked the joyful girl. Mabel had told Will, who she felt close with, and even though he told her to confess her feelings, she never did.

The group headed to school, pulling up in front. Mabel leapt off the bike, running into the school building.

"Wow, I have never seen someone so excited to be at school," Dustin snorted with laughter.
"She's going to try out for cheerleading," Dipper replied with an unenthusiastic eye roll.
"Cheerleading?" Lucas asked in shock.
"Yeah," Dipper nodded, "She has a thing for being peppy and wearing short skirts."
"And you're okay with that?" Mike asked, slightly annoyed.

As much as Mike liked to see a pretty girl in a short skirt, he didn't want other boys to see her too. He was selfish in that way. He wanted her all to himself.

"You sound like a jealous boyfriend, Mike," Will pointed out.

Dipper narrowed his eyes suspiciously. He was quite smart, picking up on the nonstop flirting between his sister and Mike. He thought it was harmless fun, not an actual crush. I mean, his sister was famous for her fast and fleeting crushes.

"Wait..." Dipper spoke up, "Do you like my sister?"

Mike didn't know how to respond. He loved Mabel, but there was no way he was gonna tell her twin brother that. The boys stood there waiting for Mike to respond.

"Yeah," Mike nodded finally.

Dipper stood silent. All the boys, especially Mike, were worried the boy would erupt in anger. Dipper suddenly smiled, patting Mike on the shoulder.

"She could do much worse."
"Thanks a lot," Mike rolled his eyes, walking into the school.