•just west of weird•

"I wanna go back."

Mabel arrived to English, except she was late

Mabel arrived to English, except she was late. She couldn't find her way to the classroom, and the halls were so crowded, and no one wanted to help an overly happy girl in a sparkly sweater. She walked in hesitantly, causing the teacher to look up and narrow her eyes at her.

"Uh, hi," Mabel squeaked out.

She noticed Mike looking at her from the back of the classroom. He didn't look like the kind of kid to sit in the back, it must have been by alphabetical order. She gave him a small smile, turning her attention back to the semi-angry teacher.

"Who are you exactly?" The teacher asked, causing a few students to snicker.
"I'm Mabel, I'm new," the young brunette replied with a kind smile.
"Well, Mabel," the teacher hissed, "Have a seat in the back, next to Micheal."
"Uh, who?" Mabel asked.
"Raise your hand, Micheal," the teacher rolled her eyes, already not liking the new girl.

Mabel noticed Mike rose his hand from the corner. He looked embarrassed, probably cause she used his full name. Mabel felt stupid for not knowing Micheal was Mike, but she shrugged it off, heading to the back to sit with Mike.

"She's not very friendly, is she?" Mabel whispered, taking her seat.
"She just doesn't like interruptions, don't take it personally," Mike comforted with a small smile.

Mabel tried to focus on the assignment, which just like Mike had predicted, was poetry, but she was too distracted. She was distracted by the boy sitting to her left. She kept glancing at him, and luckily, he didn't notice.

Mike couldn't focus either. He could barely keep his eyes off the enchanting new girl. He scribbled words on to the notebook paper, but they didn't make sense, because his brain was jumbled letters. He couldn't think straight with such beauty in his presence. He kept looking over at her, but every time, he just saw her writing in her notebook. He sighed and went back to his own work, hoping to put something together to turn in.

____________________________________

Dipper sat in the library. He was skipping math class. It wasn't like him to be rebellious, even in the slightest, but there was something about equations and new people that really set him off.

He read through his journal. The elusive number three journal. Mabel told him to stop, but he just couldn't. How can you just stop thinking about all the wonders that Gravity Falls had to offer?

"I wanna go back," Dipper mumbled.
"Go back where?" A voice asked from nearby.

Dipper looked up from his journal to see the boy he saved earlier, Will. Will walked over and took a seat on the floor next to him.

"Gravity Falls," Dipper sighed, putting his book away.

What did Will want? You save a kid once in this town, and they follow you like a lost puppy.

"Where's that?" Will asked, scrunching up his nose in confusion.
"It's in Oregon," Dipper replied,"Just West of Weird."

Will laughed at what he thought was a joke. Little did he know, that place was weird. It was probably the weirdest place ever.

"You used to live in Oregon?"
"Yeah," Dipper nodded, "It was amazing there. Something was always happening."
"Like what?" Will asked, very curious about the brown haired boy.

Dipper couldn't help but think Will was a little too curious. Dipper decided to entertain it though.

"We had this thing called Summerween," Dipper began with a nostalgic smile, "It's Halloween, but in the summer."

Dipper decided to leave out the part where they spent the whole night collecting candy for a monster. It was for the best.

"That is unique," Will laughed.

Dipper suddenly realized Will was skipping too.

"Wait," Dipper stated, "Why are you skipping?"

Will went quiet. It was so embarrassing. He was embarrassing. He decided to be honest though.

"Troy and James," he sighed.
"They mess with you in class?" Dipper wondered.
"Yeah," Will nodded sadly, "I'm honestly surprised they don't come to my house and bully me."
"Next time they bother you, tell me," Dipper told the boy.

Will was shocked at this brave sacrifice. Dipper surprised himself as well. It wasn't like him to just offer to beat someone's ass, especially to a kid he just met.

"Wow, uh, thanks," Will replied awkwardly, not knowing what to say.
"No problem," Dipper nodded, standing up.
"Where are you going?" Will asked, still sitting on the ground.
"Well, the lunch bell is about to ring in about..." Dipper replied, looking at his watch, but was cut off by the bell, "Now."

Dipper outstretched his hand towards Will. Will grabbed ahold of it, Dipper then pulled him up.

"Let's go to lunch," Dipper smiled slightly, walking out the door with Will Byers by his side.