•secret journal•

"You're lying to me."

Dipper sat in the library once again

Dipper sat in the library once again. He liked being amongst the books, amongst the endless information. It was quiet there, plus the old book smell was quite intoxicating to the dark haired boy.

He was supposed to be in math, once again, but he found himself skipping again. Dipper always ended up here, in the library, scribbling nonsensical writing onto the blank pages of Ford's journal. It relieved him of the stress and tension he didn't even know he had.

It didn't even surprise him anymore that Will had joined him. Even though Troy and James had began to leave him alone, at least in class, Will still came to the library when he could.

"Will, you seriously need to stay in class," Dipper spoke first.

Will laughed in response, which surprised Dipper.

"My grade is an A plus, Dip. I can afford to miss class."

Dipper just shrugged and went back to writing about Bill Cipher, the tricky dream demon that the twins and their great uncles had somehow defeated.  Will enjoyed watching him. Dipper seemed so natural in here, like it was his second home. Will did hate that Dipper was so secretive with that journal though. He couldn't help but wonder what those yellow tinted pages held.

"What are you writing about?" Will asked, trying to get a look at the page.

Dipper slammed the book shut, looking up at Will, who looked confused.

"A short story," Dipper lied, which is something he had grown accustomed to.

Will was silent. He had a feeling Dipper was lying, but wasn't sure if he should call him out.

"You're lying to me," Will whispered.
"Maybe I am," Dipper hissed, "It's none of your business."

Will felt hurt. He thought they were closer than this. Will reached out, placing his hand over Dipper's.

"You know you can tell me anything, right?"

Dipper wished he could tell Will, but it wasn't like he'd believe him. People don't believe in time travel, endless pits, and mermen, all of which, Dipper had seen.

"Will, it's better this way," Dipper sighed, "I hope you can understand."
"I don't," Will hissed, getting up from the floor, attempting to walk away.

Dipper grabbed Will's hand, pulling the smaller boy back. Will reluctantly moved with Dipper's pull.

"Will, I can't tell you. It's personal."
"It always is with you," Will whispered back harshly, pulling his hand out of Dipper's, walking out of the library.