"You know we actually have to go" Jace sighs pushing everyone to keep walking. I can feel the tension between them and it makes me feel worse. I don't have anything to worry about, do I? Natalie is a bitch and Jace is so caring, they could never relate. I keep walking making it almost to the door before a hand wraps around my wrist. Everyone keeps on walking but I am forced to stop.

"Just wait he will be crawling back to me in no time. Once he gets a good look at your 12 year old boobs he will be begging to have me back" She whispers directly into my ear. I use to think about that a lot. It must be one of the only reasons why he stayed with her. I yank my arm back pushing her to the side before staking out of the house. Hopefully I look more confident than I feel. If her goal was to make me nervous and self-conscious then she certainly succeeded.

I make it to the others who are already undressed and shifted. I'm still thinking about what Natalie said as I strip off my clothes at the end of the tree line. It's not that I don't want to do anything with Jace. It's just that it hasn't been the right time yet. Obviously we can't mate, at risk of the council finding out, but still. I let the final shiver go down my body as I shift into my giant wolf. I still can't believe how amazing it feels to have the heightened werewolf senses.

"Let's have a race" Jacob says barking a bit. Competition and werewolf seems to come hand and hand. There is not a day that goes by that someone is not trying to beat someone else or be the bravest. It feels like I am a dauntless from Divergent. I nod with the rest accepting the challenge. Cassie and Jace are the fastest but get tired easily. I am in the middle so I might have a chance. Nick howls over to Chloe, signaling for her to get on his back. It's a good thing she isn't heavy, since Nick has to give her a ride everywhere. Still he is one of the fastest in the group.

"Ready" Cassie says through the link. I take my position in front, due to being the youngest.

"Set" She says. Jace nips at my tail playfully. I swat him slightly in the face.

"Go!" She yells. Chloe lets out a little shriek as we all speed ahead. From the start I fall behind Cassie and Jace. I am still in third though, and Lao runs in last. Werewolf running should be an Olympic sport. It takes serious skill to run at our speed without hitting anything. Chloe should also get a medal for not falling off of Nick's back. I put on an extra bolt of speed, now side by side with Cassie. My tongue is lolling out and the wind is whipping my fur. Point Place is now visible in the distance. I put on even more speed, passing Cassie and getting closer to Jace. It would mean so much to beat him. The cliff is in sight and everyone is panting.

"Not today babe" Jace laughs getting faster and faster. He makes it to the edge of the cliff stopping abruptly. Great now he has even more bragging rights! He is going to be intolerable. I make it in second with Cassie coming in third. Then Lucas, Nick, Jacob, and Lao. Lao practically falls off the cliff.

I shuffle around watching Jacob look over the cliff nervously. The fall does look extremely far when in reality it isn't. 

"Just run and jump" Nick suggests bending down to help Chloe get off. Jacob shakes his massive head turning around from the water below. The sounds of the water crashing against the rocks is so soothing. I should come up here way more often.

"Come on be a Beta" Jace says pushing Jacob towards the cliff. Those words from Jace seem to give Jacob the confidence that he needed to actually do it. Jacob takes a massive breath, walking back into the treeline. If he hurts himself it will be all my fault. He gives a quick little shake before running faster than he was before. With a howl he jumps right off the edge of cliff, plummeting down to the water below.

"Holy crap" Chloe yells running to the edge of the cliff. Jacob is bobbing up and down in human form in the water below. he is yelling and whooping up to us. That actually looked really fun. A rush of adrenaline hits me in a flash. I might kill myself but yolo right? With a howl, I jump right off the edge of the cliff. The air whooshes against my face and the rush is amazing. I hit the water with a slight sting of pain. I'm a couple feet from Jacob when I bob up to the surface. This feels amazing, this is what being a werewolf should feel like every day. It is times like these when I am actually glad to be who I am.

                                                                                        <~*~>

"Guys this was really fun" I smile looking around at the others. We are all back in wolf form and sitting around a roaring campfire. The stars are out and we were all telling funny stories from when we were little. So far I learned Nick used to get the braces he used to have stuck on other people's clothing. Jace, Lucas, and Jacob used to be little peeping toms and Cassie broke her arm in her sleep. I told the story of when I was 10 and my bathing suit top came off at a waterpark in front of everyone. It was mortifying and Kameron even got it on video.

"Oh I have one about Jace" Lao laughs sitting up in excitement. Nice! One about Jace that I can make fun of him for. I sit back against Jace who is leaning against a tree. He kisses the top of my head and rubs my arm. Again the sparks shoot up my entire body.

"I love you" He smiles looking down on me. That is the first time he has said that to me. My heart flips. This is literally the best day of my life. It could not possibly get any better than it is right now. I open up my mouth to say it back but before any words come out Jace and Jacob spring to their feet. I fall back against the tree, hitting my head painfully. Well I guess that romantic moment is ruined.

"What is it?'' Cassie asks getting up as well. Jace and Jacob start to look around frantically. I get to my feet soon followed by the rest of the group. I have a feeling whatever is going on it isn't going to be fun.

"Other wolves" Jacob panics putting out the fire. I don't see what the big deal is. It is not like we are doing anything wrong. Unless scaring a bunch of human hikers is a crime we shouldn't be in any trouble.

"So?" Chloe asks practically reading my mind. Nick grabs her by the waist bringing her over to one of the larger trees. Everyone but Chloe and I seem to be freaking out. I am starting to smell the other wolves. There seems to be about twenty of them. 

"They aren't from the pack. They aren't supposed to be here. They are a threat and probably aren't here to give us a hug" Lucas says frustrated. Nick yells at Chloe to climb as high as she can and to not come down until he says to.

"So they are her to attack us?" I ask stepping back from the direction the scent is coming from. Of course my luck ran out for the day. It was so nice until now, now it is dangerous. 

"Probably" Lao says almost casually. My heart starts beating out of my chest. I can't fight. It is mandatory for me to take some of the werewolf courses on fighting and stuff sooner or later but I choose later. Now Jace might die because of my procrastination. I say Jace and not me because he would sacrifice himself in a second before letting them lay a finger on me. I hate that fact but I know it is the truth.

"They're here" Jace says pushing me behind him. Suddenly a rustling noise comes from the tree line. I look around in complete horror.

Oh

My

God

____________________________________________________________

What do you think will happen next? I am so excited to write the next chapter.