Chapter 14

When Thomas collapsed everyone immediately grabbed him and took him to the medics.

We all sat around the camp fire wondering what was going to happen. Clint wrapped Jessie's ankle. He said its probably broken.

We were all eating silently when Gally suddenly stands up.

'Are we really going to ignore this?' He said as everyone sat silently waiting for him to continue.

'Albys gone and Newts got his head too far up his ass to-' before he could finish I punched him square in the nose.

He stood there clutching his nose as all the gladers stared at us, mouths open.

'Newt cant lead us. So, I will. And as your leader, no one is allowed to leave the maze. Even the runners. Teresa and Thomas will be locked in the pit. And banished'

'But Gally the Greivers will keep coming back again.' Winston said as all the other Gladers nodded

'Then we will fight. We will fight for our Glade and all of you will help me or not. No one leaves the Glade.' Gally said as he walked off

'Im going to check on Thomas.' I said getting up and grabbing Jessie bridal style.

'I will come to.' Teresa said standing up as Minho got up and followed as well.

We all went to the pit, were Gally said Thomas had to be kept.

Teresa opened the jail door and stepped inside as me, Minho and Jessie sat outside looking in from the door.

Teresa sat down and put Thomas's head in her lap.

He slowly opened his eyes as he looked at Minho Teresa and Jessie.

'What-what happened? Thomas said looking around the jail cell and looking at all of us again.

'Gally is convinced you and Teresa are the reasons the Greivers attacked yesterday. He is the new "leader" of the Glade now. He say Newt isint fit to lead and that you and Teresa are to be banished tomorrow.' Minho said sadly.

'Well Gally has been right about one thing.' Thomas said looking at us for our reaction.

'What do you mean?' Jessie asked confused.

'What it means is that me and Teresa worked for WICKED before coming here. We did this to them. We helped them.' Thomas said looking at Teresa as tears spilled from her eyes.

'It doesn't matter.' I said as everyone looked at me.

'What?' Teresa asked looking at me as if I were crazy.

'I said it doesn't matter. We all could have been working for the shucking creators before we were put here, but it probably wasn't our choice. Just like it wasn't our choice to come to this shucking place.' I said looking at everyone individually.

I looked at Thomas in the eyes. 'So what are you going to do? Your going to lead every shucking Glader out of this maze to freedom. Your going to finish what you started so help me god. And I will be by your side every step of the way. Cause Thomas if you don't that means Alby died for no reason. And i cant have that.' I said looking At everyone as I got up and walked off wiping the tears that threatened to spill from my eyes any second.