Chapter 5

I ran to my bed and got the paper and pen from under it. I knew what to write.

Dear Newt
Im hoping you remember me. Im your sister, Jessie. Do you remember me? Anyway I just wanted to tell you that I love you and miss you so much. The wicked compound is so boring without you. And im hoping I can see you  again. But the main reason im writing this is because I think I know the way out of the maze. The greiver hole. That's all I know im sorry. I hope this helps you escape so I can see you again. And please don't cry at night I hate watching you cry.
From your sister, Jessie ❤

I quickly folded the paper and went to Teresa's room.

I knocked in the dorr and Teresa opened the door with a smile.

I ran to her and hugged her. 'Im going to miss you when you leave.' I said as Teresa closed the door of her room behind us and we sat on the floor of her room.

'Yeah I know kiddo.' She said stroking my hair.

I passed her the note that was hidden in my pocket.

'You can read it if you want. When you go up in the box please hide it in your shoe. I said getting up and walking to the door.

'im going to go to bed. But remember I am always going to watch you in the control room.' I said running up to her and giving her another hug.

As I walked to my room I couldn't help but cry.

The next day

As soon as I woke up i felt a lump in my throat.

I quickly got up and got dressed. As I an to the control room without waiting for the guard to get me I felt a big wash of sadness go over me.

My last friend is Gone I thought.

There's away due to be in the maze by 10am and it was 9.45am.

I waited anxiously around the screens until finally all the Gladers crowded around the box.

All except for the runners who were out exploring the maze. Finally the box doors opened.

I was so excited for Newt to finally see Teresa again. I turned the audio on  and stared at the screen.

What happened next shocked me. 'Its a girl.' Newt said.

He doesn't remember Teresa.....