Chapter 12

Newts POV

The runners are going to check out the Greiver hole today. If what Jessie said is right we could have a way out.

Thomas finally got Teresa down from the treehouse and we all met her.

Teresa instantly got attached to Jessie, seeing as they were friends before.

We sat at the tables eating lunch. The runners will be back in about 2 hours. We are all hoping for good news

As we were eating we heard voices behind us. 'Hey look!' Jessie said pointing to two running figures.

As they got closer we realised that it was Minho and Thomas. 'We-we found something!' Thomas said breathlessly.

I quickly got up to follow Minho and Thomas when I remembered Jessie.

'Watch her!' I said pointing to frypan then to Jessie. He nodded as I followed Thomas and Minho towards the homestead.

Later

A/N i kind of mixed the way they escaped from the book and the movie but its mostly from the movie😊

'So what you are saying is when you stepped near the cliff you found a new passage that you found with the metal thing you found in the greiver because it was making a beeping sound?' I said in one big breath.

'Yep' Minho and Thomas said at the same time.

I just nodded. 'How you found that out is beyond me.'

'We wouldn't of found it without that kid. We should go tell her the good news.' Minho said

We all piled out of the room. We finally found Jessie sitting on a fence watching Gally make something.

When we finally got to the Jessie, Gally handed her a wooden car.

'Look Newt! Gally made me a car for my bear!' She said holding the bear and car .

'Hey Jess guess what. Thomas and Minho found a exit.'

'really!' She said jumping down from the fence

'Yeah they went to the cliff and found a new passage right next to it. They followed it and a metal thing we got from the greiver we killed started beeping and led us right to a exit. At least we think so.' I said as Jessie smiled.

'We are all due to pack up and leave in 2 days!I said.

Suddenly I heard screams, shouts and commotion happening near the doors. I grabbed Jessie and we ran to see what was up.

'Whats going on?' I said as the Gladers were running around like headless chickens.

'The doors are not closing!' Winston said as we hear the roar of a greiver

'Ok you guys go build a wall in front of the west wall. And-'

Before Thomas could finish giving instructions we heard the loudest roar and saw a blubbery creature emerge from the maze.....