Chapter Seven

Red eyes burned with anger as they stared down at pale hands laying limply at each side. They drifted down to watch their clothed legs. If he tried hard enough, he could move them. The man wasn't sure if that was a good or bad thing.

...

Who was he?

The male with dark raven hair knew the answer should be fairly obvious. In less than a second only one name came to mind.

I am Orihara Izaya. A 24 year old information broker who works for the Awakusu Kai. I have two younger sisters and I believe myself to be the closest person to God, should there be one. I'm an atheist.. I love humans.. bitter food are my favorite...

No.

Orihara Izaya had died in a car accident many weeks ago. He was at rest underneath the earth, gone from this world.

So he was he?

Shinra had claimed he was one and the same with the deceased man. He surely felt the same, as if nothing had happened at all. But then... he wasn't even human. If that skin tore off beneath would only be a robotic arm.

No bone.

No nothing.

He vaguely heard Shizuo arguing with Celty once more, him pleading the dullahan to just give him a chance. Dumb protozoan actually thought he was still human. Well...not that he was to begin with. Now it was just obvious to the other people around him.

And this time, Izaya was no longer human himself. Nor a god, for that matter. Just a big piece of metal ordered to act like someone who no longer existed.

He knew that just as well as Celty.

So he wasn't Orihara Izaya, that much was certain. He wasn't human, no doubt about that.

Yet...the desire to continue living still burned inside of him, refusing to give up at this... this...

Second chance.

Yeah, that was it!

So what if he wasn't the old Izaya? He was Izaya NOW.

And no one could ever change that.

Fuck Celty and her worries, Izaya was going to keep on going until the bitter end. He WAS Izaya. Same thoughts, same memories, same EVERYTHING. Nothing changed, he was still the best informant in all of Ikebukuro. A smirk spread across the raven's face and he forced himself up, surprised to find his legs finally working. Walking out of the lab, he strode up to the bickering friends confidently.

Shizuo's warm brown eyes were watery as he grabbed Celty's hand, neither of them noticing Izaya's presence yet.

"Celty, it's not like I came back on my own choice! This isn't my fault, I didn't want any of this!" He shouted at the silent dullahan desperately.

"You mean you don't want to live again? You don't want to see your grief-stricken brother? Work for Tom again? You don't want to start over?" Izaya spoke, his voice hard.

Shizuo immediately glared at Izaya and growled warningly at him.

"The fuck do you know, flea? Leave me alone." He snapped in return. Celty took Shizuo's moment of distraction to quickly leave the house. She needed some air after all this...

Shizuo gritted his teeth. "Look what you did! I was trying to explain-"

"I know you were. But why waste your time explaining that to someone who obviously doesn't care?" Izaya cut Shizuo off instantly his voice becoming soft.

"I know you, Shizu-chan. I know that you don't want to die. And guess what? So many people will be happy at your return return. Give it a try, alright? Celty will come around...she's grieving too."

Izaya finished off and he ran a hand through his hair, ignoring Shizuo's intense stare. Hearing Shinra in the kitchen, Izaya sighed quietly.

"And don't be so hard on him. We're all trying to get through this."

The raven murmured and walked off, hoping that perhaps the blond would see what he was saying.

Brown eyes never left the retreating form.