Chapter Five

"I can't just not go out, Shinra!" Izaya hissed angrily.

Shizuo gnashed his teeth, rage blazing in his brown eyes. "Do you just expect us to stay here?!" He snarled.

Shinra held up his hands, trying to get his friends to calm down.

"Just let me explain, would you?!" He sighed, sitting down in a chair.

The doctor looked at the two men who were still on the examination tables, unable to walk yet.

"You guys were dead, alright? Literally everyone knows you two are no longer living. Hell, your bodies are still in your graves!"

Izaya shivered at that. He felt like himself but apparently he was just a robot.

No, that couldn't be true!

It wasn't fair, he couldn't possibly be dead!

Shizuo was staring at the floor, unable to look back up at Shinra. "How's my brother?" The blond choked out.

Shinra bit his lip and closed his eyes sadly.

"He'll be better when he finds out your back, Shizuo." He replied truthfully.

The brunet broke into a smile and nodded to confirm what he said.

"Yeah, everyone will be happy to see you guys again!"

Izaya's eyes immediately narrowed in confusion and he gazed back at Shinra.

"Hate to break it to you, Four Eyes, but only someone as crazy as you would miss me." The informant joked.

Shinra laughed and shook his head.

"No Izaya, your sisters really want to see you again. Everyone else just feels the city is weird without you two."

He explained.

Izaya couldn't help but feel his heart warm slightly at the thought.

Well, if he had a heart that is.

Shizuo shook his head, trying to get back on topic. "When will we be able to walk again."

Shinra immediately stood up and walked over to a machine.

"As soon as I generate more prosthetic muscles to put into your legs you'll be able to. I'm guessing somewhere around tonight."

He grinned gleefully, so excited that he was nearly finished.

Izaya, however, did not care about this at the moment.

"Shinra...we're not humans. I'm...n-not even the actual Izaya apparently. Just a mindless robot who was ordered to act like him."

The raven whispered softly.

Shizuo flinched at his enemy's words, pain stabbing deep into his heart.

Shinra's smile immediately fell off.

"No. You ARE Izaya. The only difference is that you'll never age! You two will still have to eat, drink, sleep, and everything a human has to!"

His words were forced as if he was trying to forget the fact that it was him who created these beings.

Shizuo ran a hand through his hair, face strained.

"Will we ever be able to go back to our old lives?" The bodyguard asked quietly.

Shinra folded his arms and thought it over.

"I would have to tell the people you two know what happened but the rest of the public can assume it was a miracle or whatever."

A smile crept back to his lips.

"Just be patient, I'm doing everything I can."

The doctor mumbled.

Izaya examined his body, feeling the fake skin tissue that felt disturbingly real.

Shizuo stared off into space, lost in his thoughts.

Shinra lifted his head and looked up at the ceiling.

"Everything will go back to normal."

He told himself.

Love Me Till The EndOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara