“Already ahead of you,” Mayla mumbled right as the shop door opened.

Bryson stormed in the pet shop with a pissed off expression on his face. His dark - almost black looking - eyes flickered between Mayla and me. He took post about two feet from us. “Go get in the car, Elle,” Bryson hissed as his fist clenched in anger. His voice left no room for arguing as it clearly was a demand. He looked over at Mayla and gave a growl, “You are not allowed to be alone with Elle, ever again. I cannot trust you. I told you and Niko she was to stay at the house!” Bryson yelled.

I allowed my lips to twitch down into a frown. “Stop yelling, it is not good for the baby,” I spoke.

“She is right. I read once in some magazine that yelling, even from a very early stage of pregnancy is not good for babies,” Mayla added as she crossed her arms over her chest in a defensive mode.

The anger rolling off Bryson made Mayla and I take a tiny step back. “Elle! Get your ass in the car! Now!” He screamed with venom lacing his voice. He stood there, eyes trained on me with rage. “Now!”

I jumped at his tone. I really had never, ever seen him so mad. He had seriously blown a fuse. “Bryson-”

“Don’t make me count to three. I can promise you I will not get to two if I do,” He informed me as he held back the anger that was boiling inside him.

I looked over at Mayla and she gave me a nod to leave. Slowly, I walked around Bryson and left the pet shop. I trudged over to the car, but I didn’t get in at first. Instead, I turned around and looked at the front windows of Mayla’s shop. I could see Bryson and Mayla’s figures. She was yelling at him and throwing her arms around in the air for effects. It was evident that she was mad - almost as mad as he was.

Bryson gained his turn to yell and in the midst of his shouting I saw him take a step back in order to control himself.

I humorously watched as Mayla flipped him off. Her eyes gazed over in my direction as a smile materialized on her face. She winked at me, playfully, before dropping her middle finger and focusing back on Bryson.

All too soon, Bryson marched out of Mayla’s pet shop looking a tad angrier - if that was possible - then when he walked in the shop. I was about to suggest that I drive, seeing as I currently had a slight fear of getting in the car with him. However, the second I realized I feared getting in the car with him, I noted it might actually give me a rush to be a passenger as he recklessly drove in his angry state.

“Get in,” Was all Bryson said before opening his door and slipping into the driver’s side.

I didn’t argue as I got in his car.

Bryson pulled out of the parking spot at a snail’s pace. His car eased out of the strip mall parking lot.

I gripped the dividing glove department and door handle as I expected him to take off out of the parking lot. Yet, instead he slowed to a stop and looked both ways for traffic. Seeing an opening, he slowly stepped on the accelerator. “Isn’t it illegal to be going ten miles below the speed limit?” I asked as I became disappointed that he was going at a leisurely pace down the road.

Bryson’s heated eyes looked at me, “I don’t drive carelessly when I am outraged.”

My eyebrows creased together. “So, you only drive recklessly when you are not mad?”

Giving a shrug of his shoulders, Bryson replied, “Partly, yes.”

I gave a few chuckles, “You’re weird, Man.”

Bryson’s face melted from anger to humor as he smiled. “Thanks.” Within a second he built back up his anger exterior and shifted in his seat. “Here,” He said as he reached over in the cup holder and pulled out a pill bottle. “Take your headache medicine.”