18

An: I'm thinking that in the next book I'll add gifts at the beginning of each chapter for all you lovely people!

Tori

We walked downstairs and I saw everyone was starting to run out of the party. I huffed as they all were running around like lunatics so I'm going to guess it was the punch. They were all having to same effect as me.

We walked out front but I stopped in my tracks. I felt my blood go ice cold as Matt Daehler stood in front of us with a devilish smirk on his face with the kanima wrapped around his leg.

They both turned and walked off as though nothing happened. I slowly turned to Scott and Stiles who were just as confused. "We need to tell my dad" Stiles gulped.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

"So this kid's the real killer?" Sheriff asked, confused as he looked at the scrawny boy.

"Yes" we all said in unison. I began to rub my arms up and down as a chill took over me.

"No way. Stiles, get your girlfriend a hoodie or a blanket she looks freezing" the sheriff stated pointing to my now shivering body. I mean, the dress I was wearing exposed quite some skin.

"Ok but dad, he's the killer." Stiles argued going to his dresser and pulling out a zip up and sliding it on my shoulders. I offered him a thankful smile and cuddled into the oversized hoodie.

"No he is not" Sheriff Stilinski said again making Stiles groan in annoyance.

"Dad, come on. Everyone knows that the police look for ways to connect victims in a murder, ok? So all he had to do is like, look through their transcripts and figure out which class they all had in common."

"Yeah, except for the fact the rave promoter Kara wasn't in any of Harris' classes." Sheriff pointed out.

"H-" Stiles began but was cut off.

"Scott, Tori, do you guys believe this?" My boyfriends dad asked looking between us.

"It's really hard to explain how we know this but-"

"You gotta trust us. We know it's Matt." I cut Scott off to try and help out.

"Yeah, he took Harris' car alright? Look, he knew that if a cop found tire tracks at one of the murders and that if enough of the victims were in Harris' class then they'd arrest him." Stiles added. I could see the gears in Sheriff Stilinski's head turning as he took in what we were saying.

"So what do you want me to do?" He finally asked.

"We need to look at the evidence" Scott sheepishly asked.

"Yeah, that would be at the station where I no longer work" Sheriff scoffed.

"Trust me, they'll let you in" Stiles said.

"Trust you?"

"Trust- trust Scott and Tori" Stiles tried.

"Them I trust"Sheriff nodded making me giggle as Stiles's mouth dropped open. Me, Scott, and Stiles hopped into the Jeep and followed the sheriff to the station. A tired deputy stood behind the desk.

"It's 2 in the morning" she spoke, exhaustion present in her voice.

"Believe me I wouldn't be here if it wasn't extremely important" Sheriff said. The deputy gave in and let us back to see the evidence.

"We look at the hospital stuff first ok?" Stiles spoke up digging through files.

"Why?" Scott asked.

"Because all of the murders by Jackson except for one remember?"

"Jessica, the pregnant one right?" I asked. Stiles nodded his head. The sheriff walked in and went over to the computer.

"I don't know guys. I mean look at this. There was a six car pile up that night, the hospital was jammed."

"All right just keep going. Look, he had to have passed one of the cameras on that floor to get to Jessica, ok? He's gotta be on that footage somewhere."

"Ok hold on stop! Did you see that? Scroll back" Scott yelped as the familiar black leather jacket and heavy boots came into view.

"That's him! That's Matt!" Stiles cried out.

"All I see is the back of someone's head." The sheriff scoffed.

"Matts head yeah. I sit behind him in social studies. He's got a very distinct cranium it's weird." My boyfriend shook his head thinking about it. I bit my lip to hide my laughs that threatened to slip past my lips.

"Are you crazy?"

"All right fine then look at his jacket. How many people do you know that wear black leather jackets?" Stiles cringed after the statement left his mouth.

"Millions. Literally"

"Ok, can we scroll forward? There's gotta be a shot of him coming at one of the cameras." I butt in breaking up the oncoming argument. We continued to watch the tape until Stiles noticed him again.

"Right there! Stop, stop! There he is again." Stiles yelled.

"You mean there's the back of his head again?" I stated. He turned to me sent me a look that made giggle slightly.

"Yes but look, he's talking to someone." We all looked closer and I furrowed my eyebrows.

"Hey Scott isn't that-"

"He's talking to my mom" Scott cut me off answering my unasked question. Scott then grabbed his phone and stepped outside to phone his mom and gather some information. We continued to look at other areas of the murders.

"She yelled at him for tracking mud in the hospital" Scott spoke once he came back in. Sheriff pulled up a picture of the trailer site.

"We've got shoe prints alongside the tire tracks at the trailer site." Sheriff stated.

"And if they match that puts Matt at the sight of three murders: the trailer, the hospital, and the rave." Stiles started putting it together for his dad who was looking in another folder.

"Actually four. A credit card receipt for an oil change was signed by Matt at the garage where the mechanic was killed." The sheriff showed us a receipt with Matt's signature.

"When?" I asked grabbing it and trying to find a time.

"A couple of hours before Stiles got there" he answered.

"All right dad, if ones an incident, twos a coincident, there's a pattern, then what's four?" Stiles asked.

"Fours enough for a warrant. Scott call your mom back, see how quick she can get here. If I get an official ID, I can get a search warrant. Tori, could you please go to the front desk. Tell them to let Scott's mom in when she gets here." The sheriff asked me. I nodded taking off the hoodie and setting it on a chair leaving me in just the dress and heels.

"On it." I informed him and walked out. As I walked slowly through the hall I noticed it was eerily quite. I felt something lurching I my stomach as a massive headache struck. I winced but did not allow myself to get sick. I shook it off and walked to the front desk and choked stepping back.

Blood was spattered everywhere as dead bodies covered the floor. I looked down and saw I was standing in a pool of blood. I gagged as tears started to pool in my eyes. I took another step back but froze as I heard the click of a bullet going into place.

"Do not make a sound. Take me to Stilinski and McCall." The familiar voice of Matt Daehler filled my ears. I gulped as I felt slimy scales rub against my legs. I looked down and gasped at the kanima glaring menacingly up at me.