Chapter-Part (Ten)

"This is my fault."

Killua's ears picked up on her murmured speech, craning his neck to glance her way. The girl's gaze resided in her hands, which gripped tightly on the cloth she wore that day. From here he could see the sadness in her eyes, her posture, and overall look. She almost looked depressed.

"Stop that."

He stated, noting how his voice came out unintentionally cold. His tone was dull, and lacked too much emotion. But he himself was devastated for what happened to his friend.

Gon was dying. And they couldn't do a thing about it.

"How could it be your fault if you weren't even there..?"

His words were low, but she heard it completely. The boy held his head down, and didn't bother to lift it back up. She couldn't imagine what he was feeling then, and the small information she had could only get her so far. Letting out a breath, the (Hair Color) girl began speaking. He wasn't going to believe her. But he needed to know how she failed them both.

"I... I know what happened with the Chimera. I know Gon was angry at Pitou for what it did to Kaito.."

Her eyes was shut close, but she could feel Killua's tensing.

"I also know he was getting out of control..!"

His eyes seem to bore into her, and it made her feel cold and small. What she didn't expect was the icy tone from her friend, and didn't dare to look at him when he stood to his feet. He was standing right in front of her now, and all the emotions she experienced a month ago came tumbling back quickly.

"How do you know this?"

Killua was glaring at her, though it was out of confusing. They didn't say a peep about their mission, yet she knew that. He didn't seem to like it.

"..You wouldn't believe me if I told you... But, I swear on my life, I tried to stop him from going."

His lips formed into a solid line, and the silence urged her to continue. So she did, she spilled her thoughts. Her discovery. Her experiences. And saying it sounded even more insane from her own mouth. How was she to explain this?

"What I'm trying to say is.. Killua... I.. I think I can experience the future."

The Zoldyck just stared at her with his emotionless stare. And it made her feel horrible. He was so good at hiding his emotions, it was terrifying. Finally, Killua pivoted, glancing throw the glass into the dark room where Gon's body resided. (Name) looked too, feeling too nervous to speak up again. Seeing Gon like that broke her heart, and iron settled deep within her stomach. 

"...I could've stopped this from happening."

"You didn't know this would happen."

"But.. Still, if I just said-"

"(Name)."

Killua spoken then, his tone making her shut her lips. A held breath she had was released, and she felt tears well up in her eyes. But she didn't let them fall. She couldn't. Breaking down now isn't the time. The silverette's hand was on her shoulder for a few seconds before removal. He brushed past her, on his way out the door. She spoke before she could stop it. 

"Killua... Where are you going?"

"I'm going to make sure Gon gets healed. You coming?"

He said it so casually, but she could detect something else within his voice. Nonetheless, she declined, facing the window once more. She couldn't leave him when he was like this. He needed her now more than ever.

"Though my heart's just killing me by seeing him like this, I...I should be with him."

Nothing was said in response, but she did hear the doors close. Still, something told her he didn't want her to go with.

(Name) smiled at Leorio's anger. It was still a surprise he was running for Chairman, and though his goal was anything but, it still seemed to make her feel lighter. It was just what was needed.

A smile. A laugh. Releasing some stress.

She stayed with Gon up until she could, to which others heavily suggested she go take a break from this, and they'd alert her when Killua would return. Though when she had gotten the call, she was told to stay away, so she just went on to waiting in a way to entertain herself. Leorio was filling the crowd with awe, and though this was a serious meeting, she couldn't help but letting a giggle or two slip.

Though, the impression Ging gave her... well, she didn't know what to say. Whether it was from this high this whole thing gave her, or something else, he seemed hilarious. But she did have a couple words to say to him about his son.

Her happy expression faltered.

His son...

She wondered if he was okay. If he was...alive.

She couldn't allow her thoughts to drift that far, and once she pulled herself together, she noticed the entire room grew silent. Looking up to the stage, she noticed Leorio's face change, before he stared running, tears falling from his eyes. All the while, he yelled a single name.

A name she grew to adore.

"GOON!!!"

Slowly, she rotated her body towards the entrance that held a blinding light. And there, (Name) noted that he looked exactly like an angel that day. An angel returning from heaven, and she couldn't stop the tears pouring. Even when Leorio hugged the poor boy to death, the tears didn't stop.

Her sniffles caught the ears of the Hunter, who looked her way immediately. And when those innocent eyes of his fell onto hers, she felt herself melt. In seconds she was on her feet, running to embrace him, as he himself did the same. And they hugged, something (Name) wanted to feel from him for so long.

"(Name)!"

"G-gon!"

The horrid images of his state before revival seemed to blink out her mind, instead replaced by the natural smell he gave off known as his scent. The tears before seemed to soak a bit of his hospital clothing, but he didn't mind.

"...I missed you."

She whispered to him, below the cheers of the crowd. Gon's smiled and hugged her tighter, and a simple inquiry escaped his lips.

"Ne, (Name)-chan. I love you. Do you love me?"

His eyes stared into hers, and she stared right on back. All that emotion that was bundled down within seemed to rise, as more tears fallen. She went back on her policy that day, and had yet to regret it this day. And incredulous look resided on her face. After all they been through, she thought it was obvious by now. She knew why it hurt so much now. She knew why she was so desperate to prevent him from escaping this. It was because she-

"Are you seriously asking that? Yes! Gon, of course I love you!"

His face seemed to brighten as a grin took place, and without hesitance from either party, he motioned to pull her in. And although the two were so damned close, they halted abruptly, by the screeching bunny woman on the microphone.

"Ahem!! There's still an election debate going on here!!"

Never had (Name) and Gon faces become so red. But (Name) didn't care. With a glance at the one beside her, her smile grew.

Because Gon Freecss stood there within all his glory.

Hey, It's Me!

Two more chapters! Well, technically, the next chapter would be the end, but there is a Epilogue. Basically, anime ending for this story is next chapter, but a manga spoiler ending is in the one after.

Until then!