Chapter 9: Timing is Everything

Third Person POV

*10 minutes earlier*

Clockwork watched from his chamber the arrival of the Pines family and their friends. They group immediately met Danny Phantom and Ford had become interested in the teen. The old ghost sped up time slightly and watched Ford and Dipper analyze the sample of ectoplasm they took from the scene of the battle in downtown Amity Park. Skipping over the next few moments in time, Clockwork focused on what was happening in the current time. Those from the other dimension, and the three friends from this dimension were all gathered in one hotel room. Clockwork sighed as he watched Sam prevent Ford from taking a sample of Danny's blood. He could understand her distrust of the strangers but she was just delaying the inevitable. 

Eventually Ford was able to gain a sample and he, along with Dipper, went into the next room to analyze the sample. Clockwork stopped watching and paced back and forth in his chamber. He knew the Observants would be here in fifteen seconds. That did not give him much time to come up with an excuse. But he knew it would all turn out fine, no matter what he said, because the Master of Time had a plan. Surely enough, once fifteen seconds had passed, two Observants were outside Clockwork's tower.

They barged into the tower and made their way to Clockwork's chamber, not bothering to be respectful. The Time Master floated calmly in the middle of the chamber, waiting for their lecture to begin. "Clockwork!" One of the Observants bellowed as they entered the chamber.

The elder ghost merely raised an eyebrow and replied a simple, "Yes?"

The two Observants floated over to Clockwork, their giant eyeballs narrowed in anger. Like all Observants, the two that had just entered Clockwork's chamber looked alike. The only difference between the two was the one to the right of Clockwork wore a black sash around their waist and the one to his left wore a gold sash. The one to the right of Clockwork spoke first. "Clockwork, do you have any idea how angry the council is right now?"

The purple clad ghost raised a gloved hand to his chin as he shifted into a form resembling a toddler. "I can imagine that the council is very unhappy with this development, but if they were truly angry they most certainly would not have sent you two." Clockwork fought as hard as he could to prevent a smirk from appearing on his face. Oh how he loved to mess with these single minded fools. Though he could only do so sparingly, this was a very important matter that they were currently dealing with after all. And he was already on thin ice after he 'cheated' back during the 'Danny's evil alternate self' incident.

The Observant to Clockwork's left, wearing the golden sash, spoke up as his partner was currently mute with anger. "We do not have time for this Clockwork. The time-space continuum is at risk! You must eliminate them!" He urged. The other Observant nodded in agreement.

Clockwork sighed and turned away from the two ghosts. He faced the large screen and began to adjust the time on his staff. "It's always the same thing with you Observants. If you have a problem, you eliminate it. So narrow minded indeed." As the elder ghost shifted into a form that resembled an elderly man, he could practically see the rage flowing from the two ghosts floating behind him.

"You would be wise to hold your tongue Clockwork. Or have you forgotten your place in all this?" The Observant wearing the black sash growled. The other Observant, the one who donned the gold sash, cautiously placed a hand on his partner's shoulder. It was a silent warning to watch what they said around the Time Master. If any Observant in existence said that they weren't the slightest bit afraid of Clockwork, they would be lying. The legendary Time Master was not one to be messed with. In the blink of an eye, he could make it so that you never existed or alter your history so that you met a gruesome end. Though he was a kind spirit, when someone pushed him the wrong way they would be sure to suffer. It took a lot to upset Clockwork, so you knew that if he was angry with you, you really screwed up.