1. 53 days without shawn

February 17th, 2015.
53 days without Shawn.

I was hurt a lot. The pain for the first few weeks was excruciating. We weren't even together long but in the space that we were together it felt surreal, it was like bad boy shawn had dissolved into kind shawn when really he was lingering this whole time.

He blocked my number and left, living the dream and touring the world with his friends,

Without me dragging him down.

I look down at my right hand and glance at my middle finger, the golden ring secures itself around it as I fiddle with it.

I sigh, reading the engraving.

'You're my melody'

"So why don't you play my tune anymore?"I mumble to myself, or to Shawn.

The door swings open and aaliyah is stood there, her mousey hair in two, long French plaits.

"Willow is downstairs if you want to go see her." She says, smiling.

"Tell her I'm on my way." I say, grabbing my phone and walking down the stairs.

I see willow sat on the dark leather sofa and I approach her, sitting beside her.

"We're going to the mall." She tells me, Smiling widely.

•••

She holds out a black lace dress.

"Wayyy to sexy." I tell her, snatching it out of her hands and putting it back on the rail.

"Come on!" She groans, Sighing loudly.

"It's just a casual dinner date." I tell her.

"With a not so casual guy." She winks at me and I roll my eyes.

"Come on." She grabs the dress and runs off, paying for it and putting it in her basket.

She drops it and squats to the ground to pick it up when a loud rio is clearly heard.

"Willow! You shouldn't have!"

"What?" She asks. "This is a big deal, Han. This Is your first date after Shawn dickface ripped your heart apart faster than I just ripped my underwear."

"Willow!"

"What!?"

I laugh at her as we walk into Starbucks.

She gets me a tea and herself a coffee.

I take a seat opposite her In a small booth with a rustic wooden table and black leather seats with a vintage chandelier hanging above us.

I sip my tea.

I watch a tall guy with dark brown hair that sticks out of his pulled up hood order a muffin.

No, it can't be.

They turn around and reveal a boy my age with with bright blue eyes and dark hair.

Not Shawn.

But... they do look familiar.

Another boy younger than him, yet with the same dazzling blue eyes, shows him something on his phone and he laughs.

I know who they are.

' "do you know who Nash and Hayes Grier are?" She asks me and I nod. "You look kind of like them, you both have blue eyes and brown hair." '

That's them.

"Omfg thats Nash and Hayes Grier." I tell Willow who looks up from her phone.

I take a pic and upload it to snapchat.

They leave and I immediately feel regret for not going up to them.

"So tell me about this guy you're dating."

"It's nothing big. He just asked me out." I sip my tea.

"What's he like?"

"He's gorgeous, tall, brown hair, brown eyes."

"Sounds a lot like Shawn." She tells me raising one eyebrow.

"He's not. Trust me."

"Whatever you say."

•••

She walks me into the house where I find Karen sat down talking to a lady I've never met, deep in what looks to be a serious conversation.

Willow notices the tension too and leaves.

I notice Chloe is sat down too.

Her face is red and tears stain her face.

I notice Karen looks sad too.

"W-What's happened?" I ask, scared for the answer.

"Come and sit down darling." Karen says, patting the space behind her.

"It's not Shawn is it?" I ask, fear flooding every inch of my body.

"No, love."

"Okay, so what is it then?" I ask, gulping harshly.

"Hannah." She starts. "It's your mum."

"She's dead."