Chapter 2

"Are you almost ready?" Pascalle asks as she walks into my bedroom with Macy on her hip. I asked her to watch Macy for today, which she didn't have any problems with. And Macy doesn't mind either as she absolutely loves Pascalle.

"Almost, I just need to put everything that I need to bring in my bag," I say as I walk to my bed, where everything I need is spread out. I start putting the stuff I need in a bag.

"Are you nervous?"

"A little, but the good kind of nervous. I'm even kind of excited."

"That's great! I know you'll do amazingly and Macy and I will be watching from here."

"I hope I will," I say as I put the last thing in my bag.

"All set?"

"Yes, I just need to put on my shoes and then I'll go," I say before doing exactly that.

"Aren't you proud of mommy Macy? She looks beautiful, right?" Pascalle asks and Macy nods vividly, making me smile.

"Thank you baby girl," I tell her before giving her a kiss on her forehead.

"Lyd, I just wanted to say how proud I am of you for doing this. I can't imagine how hard this must be for you," Pascalle says, making me smile slightly. She's been there every step of the way up to this point. She knows what I've been through and what I've had to do to get here.

"Thank you Pas, that means a lot to me."

"Now get out of here before I get all emotional and such," Pascalle says, making me laugh.

"Alright, alright, I'm going!" I say as I pick up my bag. I walk to Macy, who looks as happy as ever.

"Are you gonna be a good girl?" I ask her.

"Yes!" she says excitingly, making me smile.

"She always is," Pascalle assures me. I'm proud that I managed to raise Macy the way I did and that I did it without the help of a man.

"See you tonight baby girl. Give me a kiss," I say and Macy pouts her lips. I give her a kiss, smiling at how cute she is.

"You need to go if you don't want to be late," Pascalle tells me and I nod.

"I know, I'm gonna go now. Have fun today and I'll see you tonight."

"You have fun too!"

"Thanks!" I say before walking out the front door, closing it behind me. I go outside and get into my car. The drive to the track is relatively short and soon enough I'm standing in front of the entrance building. I have no idea where to go, so I just go inside and walk to the front desk.

"Hello, how can I help you?" the girl behind the front desk asks me.

"Hello, I'm one of the grid girls today, but I have no idea where to go."

"First time?"

"Yes," I say, embarrassed that it's that obvious.

"Follow me," the girl says as she gets up. She walks further into the building and I follow her until we reach a changing area.

"You can change into your dress here. When you're done, just go out into the hallway and walk all the way to the end. The other girls will be there as well and there you have to wait until someone comes to explain things," the girl tells me and I nod.

"Thank you," I tell her with a smile.

"No problem. Good luck," the girl tells me before walking off. I walk to the clothing rack, where all the dresses are hanging, a label with a name on it on each one. I search for the dress with my name on it and take it off the rack. I quickly change into the dress and look into the mirror to see how the dress looks on me. The dress looks way better than I expected and I feel more confident about all this right away.