The Prince or the Wolf: Part 5

Ok so I've got Jean's POV now! 

Sorry it took so long but its done so here it is! 

Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx 

(Jean's POV) 

I stormed out of Sage's house practically ready to explode. What the hell is wrong with me?? I'm so stupid. I promised myself. I promised HER! Every time it's the same. I can't keep doing this to her.  

I climbed into my car and sped down the street. The farther I'm away from her, the better. I blasted "possession" by white chapel and drowned out everything. The song was over when I pulled up to the drive way of my large gothic Victorian style house. Outside, it had a deep dark shade of stone gray with vines growing up the walls. It was a fairly large house. 

I walked into my eerily quiet house and ran upstairs into the master bedroom. Plopping on to my bed I feel my phone vibrate in my pocket. I flip it open to see my mother's number flashing on the screen. I seriously considered rejecting it but that would only leave me with a lecture later. I pressed accept and held the phone to my ear. 

"Jean! Darling, where are you? You haven't answered any of my calls today." Her high pitched motherly voice made my head ring.  

"I was busy mother." 

"Right...well when are you coming back? You know the Devil's Ball is four days away and you promised you would come." 

"I said I might. I never promised." 

"You have to come! I already told Alexandra you would! She has picked out her dress."  

"Mom! Alexandra and I are over!" 

"But you two are so perfect for each other. She comes from a well respected family and you both could make an ideal couple. Imagine your future, the future of your children. She would make the perfect Queen." 

"I will not be with Alex mother!" I heard her sigh in frustration through the phone. 

"Do not disgrace me Jean. Tell me the truth, have you fallen for the Marked Guardian again?" She tried to make her voice sound controlled but failed miserably. I heard the disgust and hate in the question. 

"Her name is Sage mother and no, I have not. You know she was killed in the last battle and could not reincarnate into this life." I stayed silent hoping she would believe me. 

"Very well son. Will you still come visit for Devil's Ball? Its tradition." Her voice sounded so hopeful I couldn't refuse. 

"Yes, I will attend. I must go now. Say hello to father. I will see you soon." I didn't give her a chance to say goodbye before I hung up. I turned off my phone not wanting be bothered by anyone else and tossed it to the floor. 

My mother is relentless. She will not accept my decision of not marrying Alex. Her and her family has been close with my parents since the beginning of our kind. We are "meant to be" as my mother keeps reminding me.  

I kick off my shoes and close my eyes hoping to get my first night of sleep in over 2 weeks. 

(Sage's POV) 

The last of my tears streamed down my face. He was Jean. The two guys I was falling for happened to be one. I felt like that should have made me happy but now he never wants to see me again. I felt more tears build up but I blinked them away. I grabbed a clean shirt and slipped into my bed hoping to fall asleep and wake up with today being just a dream.

The hot sun on my neck woke me up and had me scooting to the shaded part of my bed. I groaned feeling my need to sleep drift. I opened my eyes and stared at my clock. 8:05 AM flashed in bright red letters. I cursed know I was an hour late to school. I took the quickest shower possible and slipped on the first pair of jeans, shoes, and shirt I found. Grabbing my bag and keys I ran to my car forgetting to grab breakfast. During the drive I managed to brush my hair and apply eyeliner. I parked into the last available space and sprinted toward the school. I checked my watch seeing that first hour was about to end so I slowed to a walk and reached my locker. I looked around the empty hallway before putting in my combination and opening it. I gasped in utter shock as to what was in my locker. My eyes grew wider in disbelief. Sitting on top of my books was a familiar silver mask with a rose and note attached to it. I grabbed the note with one hand and the mask with the other. The note had my name written in beautiful old looking hand writing. I opened it and it read: 

I apologize if I hurt you in any way. I know we hardly know each other but if you found out who I really am you would run away. I didn't mean what I said yesterday. I don't want to be away from you but if I get too close it could ruin everything. Please understand that I care about you. More than I should. This is why I left this mask. It's a promise that I will never come near you again. I'm sorry for coming into your life and leaving so suddenly. It was never my intention to do this to you. I will not make this mistake again...goodbye. 

-Jean

I closed my eyes and tried to steady my breathing. This was too much. He isn't coming back. He made me fall for him and then he left! I hate him! How can someone be so coldhearted!? I clenched my jaw trying not to scream in fury. I looked down at the mask and heard the bell ring. I threw the mask and note back in my locker and grabbed my book for my second hour. No way in hell was I going to be in a good mood today. 

Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx 

Vote/comment/become a fan 

Let me know what you think!!!!!!