The Prince or the Wolf: Part 1

It's finally here. The day I have been waiting months for is finally here. Junior year prom a.k.a the high light of my dull life. Tonight I would dance the night away. The prom theme was masquerade so no one would know who I really am, the school's reject. I wasn't cool, popular, or social but tonight, all of that was going to change. I adjust my black velvet mask and hop into my car. Sure driving up to your own prom in a beat up truck wasn't as cool as driving up in a limo but I didn't care because tonight it won't matter. I arrive just on time. I give the valet my keys and walk through the arched doors of the Grand Diplomat hotel. My dress is simple yet emphasized my curves. It is a shade of deep blue and has black lace on top. The top is a strapless corset that is held with a black ribbon crossing over the V shaped opening in the back. The rest of the dress spreads into flowing layers. I was the only one in the lobby and peaked through the open doors of the dance hall. I made sure my mask was still in place and walked through the doors. Many of my classmates turned to look at me but none of them seemed to recognize me. I let out a short breath and walked further into the hall. The hall was pitch black with strobe lights flashing from the roof. It was crowded on the dance floor and most of the hall was taken up by the stage where the DJ was playing the latest songs. I was starting to feel overwhelmed and out of place. I started walking back toward the exit when I catch a guy staring at me from a few yards away. He was alone wearing black dress pants and a black dress shirt and a sliver mask. He looked at me like he knew me but he was a complete stranger. I had never seen him in my school before. He was beautiful. He stood tall and proper. There was no hint of slouching in his stance. He started walking toward me and I had lost my train of thought. I figured he was coming over to call me a freak and tell me to stop looking at him but he stopped a foot in front of me with a hot, invigorating grin on his face. He gently grabs my hand and brings it to his soft warm lips as I gasp. He looks at me with beautiful dark blue eyes and I find myself stepping closer to him. He wraps his arm around my waist and lightly grazes one of his fingers on the lower part of my half exposed back. I couldn't stop staring at his eyes. They were hypnotizing and every movement he made just made me want to be closer to him. He presses his body hard against mine and lowers his head to lightly graze his lips against mine. That light touch sent shocks through my skin and my knees would have given out on me was he not holding me up. 

"I'm Jean" he sweetly whispers into my ear 

"...Sage" I reply almost out of breath 

He smiles a warm welcoming smile and let's go of me except for my hand. He steps back and looks into my eyes before swiftly walking away. I stare at him as he walks out of the hall and through the doors that lead to the elevators. My mind feels like mush as I stand there wondering why this guy seems so addicting me and why I have never even heard of him before. I lift the hem of my dress a bit and begin to quickly walk toward the doors Jean had just gone through. Just as I go through the doors I see an elevator door closing and a number 12 flashing above the doors. I take the vacant elevator next to it and press the button that takes me to the twelfth floor. Standing in the elevator I realize I have lost all sanity but I had to find out who the jean kid was and why he almost kissed me. The elevator doors open when it arrives to the twelfth floor. I walk out and look down both ways of the hall that was quiet with nothing but rooms lined down it. I hear a click of a door and see one not closed about 5 yards down the left hall. I practically sprint to the door and creek it open. The room was dark and the only light coming through was from the moon and the light in the hall. I quickly step inside the room and close the door behind me. When my eyes adjust to the darkness of the room I noticed a king sized bed, a dresser right across from it and a huge window revealing a vast majestic ocean. I walk toward the window and stand there looking at it with my arms wrapped around me. The light from the moon reflected on the water and looked like shiny diamonds dancing on a blue plain.