57• Stone Cold Miracle

• September 23, Sunday •
• 11:22 a.m •

"Welcome to Cali!" Steez squealed as my eyes opened.

I squinted at the light in the room from outside. "Can't really see anything."

He closed the curtains. "My bad."

"I'm good." I sat up and looked around the room. "Woah! Are we at a hotel?"

He chuckled. "Nah. We're home."

"Home?!" I jumped out of the bed and looked out the floor to ceiling windows. "ARE YOU SERIOUS?!"

"Yup! You like it?"

"DO I?!" I shrieked.

I jumped on him and kissed his cheek. He chuckled and held me up. "Calm down baby girl!"

"You've got to be kidding!!"

"Deadass. Go look around."

I walked around the house in awe. I felt like a little girl at Toys R Us around the Barbie section.

"This is so wildddd!!" I squealed.

Steez came out the room smiling, leaning in the doorway watching me roam around the open space.

"I love how the natural light just-UGH!"

"I'm glad you love it." His smile faded away quickly.

"What's wrongggg?" I skipped up to him and wrapped my arms around his neck while we rocked back and forth.

He forced a smile. "Nothing baby. Just go brush your teeth and get something to eat. I'm good! I promise. You believe me right?"

I shot him a conceited face.

"Don't look at me like that

"Don't look at me like that." He giggled.

I chuckled and went to freshen up.

I finished getting myself together and met Steez in the kitchen. He flipped a pancake with his tongue out. Focused.

"Woah! Skills!" I exclaimed.

"Hell yeah! You ain't know?" He likens his lips out.

"Uh uh." I shook my head.

"Can you do better?" He raised and eyebrow.

I put my hands up. "Chill out. Never said I could."

"I know. Just asking."

"Well no. I don't do all that extra. Just cook the damn food, eat and keep it moving."

He playfully rolled his eyes. "Right."

I shrugged and sat on the counter. He opened the fridge to get some eggs.

"Steeeez." I whined.

"Steffyyyyy." He picked me up off the counter and carried me to a chair.

"Quit playingggg." I rolled my eyes and swung my legs off the chair.

"What's poppin'?"

"What does this mean?"

"What does what mean?" He chopped some green peppers.

"We moved here, cool. What's next?"

"Well...how do you feel about working in south centra-"

"ARE YOU CRAZY?!" My eyes widened.

He shrugged. "Ion know den."

"We gotta figure something out quick!" I panicked.

"Steffy! You do know we have like...a couple thousand."

"How much is a couple thousand?!"

"We have like 15-17 grand! I gotta go to the south side anyway to pick 20 up anyway. We'll have about 35-40 grand. Calm down. We'll just have to spend it wisely and we're good."

"After that money runs out then what? It's easy to loose a couple thousands."

"Come on ma! You buggin' right now! You shouldn't worry about anything."

"I shouldn't?! Steez, I killed a man less than 24 hours ago! My Dad and brother are looking for me! Raymond's parents are looking for him and I'm worried about if he told his parents where he went or who he was meeting before he left! Don't you ever say I don't have anything to worry about! I have hella shit to worry about! Just like you! So stop acting like we're living in a dream!"

He exhaled. "You're absolutely right but you signed up for this! If I'm going down you are too and vice versa!"

I tapped my foot. "You didn't even give me a choice! You said let's go not do you wanna go. I knew we were fucking up. The moment we got to Brooklyn the first time!"

"Stephanie stop. Look, tonight I gotta meet with this dude for dinner. He can hook us up. Some Hispanic dude and his ugly ass wife. His name is Vinny. His Dad has been in the game since the 70's. He's legit. He's young but knows what he's doing."

"Hook us up with what?"

"Anything! Just as long as I do a couple things for him. Sell, meet up with his goons, etcetera. He'll do anything for his kids. He's who I've been selling for this whole time."

"So he's basically daddy Warbucks?"

"Yeah! Something like that. So, you're going to this dinner with me?"

"Yeah...I guess."

"Cool." I said.

He sat the breakfast down on the table and we ate.