3• Make The Right Move

Ray up dere again ^ 👅💦

We decided to hang out at the mall.

"This shit trash." I said. "Why are they playing this booty ass music?"

Raymond started cracking up. "Shhhh!"

   I chuckled and we walked out of the small clothing store. It was pretty quiet at the mall today.

"I saw this dress at Charlotte Russe and thought it'd look cute on you." He said while holding my hand.

"Did you?"

"Yeah. It's a nice little cobalt dress. You can wear it for you know who." He raised his eyebrows.

I hit his shoulder. "You need to go away!"

He dragged me to Charlotte Russe and found the dress.

"This one."

"Ooo

"Ooo." I touched the fabric.

"Yeah?" He asked.

"It's pretty but where am I gonna wear this to? I don't go to any formal events..." My voice trailed.

"One of them niggas in the average classes is having a party next weekend."

"You remember what happened last time when I went to a party with you..."

"I know and I won't let it happen again. Please Stephanie baby." He got closer to me.

I don't know how I feel about Raymond. He's a great guy. Fine as fuck, funny, understanding and a good friend but he's the pushy type and I'm not really with that. He always wants to go out and I don't have a problem with that but don't bring me on every adventure. I can't be running around Virginia with him like that.

"You know I don't dress for anyone or anything." I crossed my arms.

"I know, I know! You think I like wearing the uniform at my job? No I don't. Sometimes you gotta get out ya zone. Not everything is gonna be up to you."

I looked down at the ground and kicked a receipt on the ground. "You're right but i don't know about a party. Probably gonna be trash to be honest."

"It won't!!! The guy that's throwing the party is mad chill and he knows how to throw a party." He said. "Please Steffy? I'll be with you the whole time."

"Fine. But if I don't like it or some shit happens I'm out." I picked the dress up and took it to the front to pay for it.

Raymond went to Pacsun and Zuimez to get his clothes then we went back to my house.

"Yo." He started as he opened my fridge and grabbed a coke.

"Yeah?" I asked as I came down the stairs with my laptop.

"You only have Diet Coke?"

"Yeah!" I said proudly.

"Ew! The fuck!?"

"Nigga if you don't want it put it back."

"I want it but why?"

"Because it's better than regular Coke."

"Trippin'. Anyways, that honey I'm in class with gave me her number. Should I call her?"

"I don't know!" I took his Coke and took a sip. "It's up to you. You the one that's tryna holla. Not me."

He took the soda back. "I know but I'm just asking."

"If you want to go ahead. It's your choice." I said passive aggressively.

He raised a brow at me. "You good?"

"Yeah."

"Are you-"

"Ray I'm fine ok? Go ahead and do your thing."